Chapter 2

"Get out." He stammered, leaving her in a baffled state.

What did he just say? He's a right ass now isn't he, Ruth thought. And she was right, he is.

She roughly opened the passenger door and stepped out. He did the same and in seconds the crowd that formed infront of them started cheering. He didn't even glance at her, he was too busy gloating. She was staring at him and he could feel her gaze on him. Ruth knew he saw her staring but didn't look away.

She saw that he had a dangerous aura around him. Venomous and intoxicating. Ruth looked for her friends in the crowd but they were nowhere to be found. Her eyes kept looking, scanning and searching for the two bubbly girls but .... Where the hell were they?

The other 9 racers came up to both of them. They were still standing by the big black car. Ruth felt uncomfortable, like a third wheel as they shook hands and lied when they told mistery guy they were happy about his win.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go get lucky with my lucky charm." The idiot smirked at Ruth while the group of boys were still around them. Her blood boiled when she heard the laughter, she wanted to kick his butt and she would have, if he wasn't a damn mountain.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes and her boots made a quick turn, speed walking away from this self righteous son of a bitch. If only she could see where she was going.

... Through the bushes, into the woods.

She didn't care though, Ruth was so infuriated, so angry that her eyes went blank for a second and she was pulled back by the mysterious hand of the mysterious bastard. Her back hit against his hard chest and she was terrified by the possibility that this chest could have been owned by someone else, someone worse. She looked up and saw the familiar grin and sighed.

For a moment there, she wished it was in fact someone else. His long fingers still held on to her arm and she pulled herself away. She wanted to lash out to him and so she did.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She shoved him away. "You can't treat people like this? You can't act like I'm... Some piece of trash..." She sighed desperately. He didn't even flinch by her words, her anger didn't phase him.

"Who said I was acting?" He brutally spoke.

She saw that she had no effect on him and it pissed her off even more. "Could you just go away, leave me alone. Please." She looked around, they were in a smaller meadow, surrounded by trees and bushes and she was scared by the scene because it was a bit too dark.

Howls were heard and her head snapped up to where the sounds were coming from. A branch snapping, an animal howling, trees flowing from side to side, crows screeching... She looked at him but he didn't look frightened at all. On the contrary, he looked amused.

 "I don't think you want to be alone here, now." His hand waved to the scenery and she could swear she saw a golden glow in his eyes for just a second.

Ruth didn't know what snappy remark to throw at him because he was right, she didn't want to be alone. She was terrified. But she didn't want to be alone with him either. He took a step closer to her, she backed away. He came closer and her timid body hit a tree. Of course.

He kept coming closer until their faces were merely inches apart. His scar very visible. And she was so scared. She didn't know him so she didn't know if he was cruel enough to take a swing at her, if he would harm her in any way if she got too brave. She had never in her life felt this scared.

"Stop." She whispered.

"Do I sense a hint of fear, Ruth?" He whispered. His tone was laced with sarcasm and humor and his lips were curved up in a malice smile. But she was in no state to laugh. It was repulsing how amusing he found terrifying her.