Chapter 3 - Coming Back For More

It had been two weeks since she saw him. Two weeks since she felt the strong fire of sorrow starting to burn in her chest. Two weeks since he had stepped into her life like an innocent boy and left everything crumbling to pieces. Ruth could not get him out of her mind.

She had grown feelings for him. Granted, how could she not? He was beautiful but coldhearted, dominant in a seductive way. He was everything she didn't think she wanted and for once, she understood why people said opposites attract.

Tristan had worked his power, his magic on her and she was undeniably under his spell.

Never had she ever had these kinds of feelings. She always knew of herself as the kind of young woman who didn't need a man to define who she was.

Ruth felt terrible as she reminisced about that night, in that small meadow as a wonderful experience. And she hated herself for loving how he made her feel that night.

How could she let him? How could she let him touch her like that? She didn't even know his name at the time. She didn't even think about that. Was it because the fear of being alone in the dark woods? And him being the only one there making him her only source of human contact? She couldn't wrap her mind around it.

And now, now she feels like she was prey to him. Like he chose her because she didn't see it coming, because she was so damn innocent.

She wanted to stop thinking about him and what had happened but she just couldn't.

Who would do that? Messing around with someone you don't even know? Not forgetting about the fact he acted like a complete dickhead. I'm such a loser. She bitterly thought.

But still, still she couldn't shake him out of her head and the people who loved her worried about her. She would act like it was fine, like she was alright but Ruth isn't the best liar I must tell you.

She was cuddling her pillow, under her soft and warm blanket even if it was very warm outside. She loved laying in her bed. It was like a shield, covering her from the outside world, from all the heartache. And if it were up to her, she would never leave her warm cocoon.

A small knock was heard on her dark wooden door and her mother gently pushed it open. Debbie stepped into the room and looked at her daughter. It was almost dinner time and she had not come downstairs, not once. She tried to act like her motherly instincts weren't begging her to force her daughter to tell her what was on her chest. Ruth wasn't acting like herself, and of course Debbie realised.

Ruth looked up and gave her mother a sweet smile, as if she wasn't going to break down in sobs at any moment now. 

"There's this lovely new restaurant that opened just a week ago. I... Your father made dinner reservations and he'd love for you to come with us. We'd both like for you to come, it would be nice." Debbie Percy Delores is a sweet, overcaring mother who always knew what to say but now, she just couln't find her words. She tried to hide it but her daughter saw. Ruth saw that she was worrying.

So she agreed. Good thing she did, she hadn't had a decent meal for a few days.

Ruth wanted to look nice, she knew her father picked out very high class places to dine and so she wanted to dress elegantly.

She put on a little black dress and her heels, collected her hair into a ponytail and they were out the door. Her mother seemed nervous but her father was calm as usual. She sat in the back of the grey Jaguar and watched them converse.

See, it looked so easy. They were in love, she could tell. She adored them for adoring eachother, they were a great example of what a healthy relationship looked like and she always wanted that for herself too. She wanted someone who respected her the way her father respected her mother.