1

╔═══   -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-   ═══╗
chapter 1: jeon jungkook
╚═══   -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-   ═══╝

if someone had asked for your opinion on what an ideal night after a shitty and terrible day was, it would be going to your favourite spot on earth, and no, its not the kitchen

the cool night breeze hits your cheeks once you took a step out of the dormitory, making them flush into a slight tint of pink. you mentally curse at yourself for not grabbing your jacket that was hanging on the coat rack on the way out, and there was no way in hell you were going to go back upstairs to the 7th floor just to get it. so what do you do? suck it up and just deal with it.

you thanked god that the comic store was only 15 minutes away from campus. and this was your usual routine, since the comic store was one of your favourite places on earth. you'd go there almost everyday, if you weren't busy burning the midnight oil with all the pile of homework sitting on your desk that is.

back then when you didn't show any interest in comics yet, you never really understood why would people even go there. but that was until your best friend had lended you one of her comics just for you to 'check it out' back in high school. after that you had found yourself getting interested in comics, which then slowly led into a somehwat obsession.

this night was no different from the others. after announcing the release of the new horror comic that was available at the store, you swore to yourself that you had to get it. you would've skip your classes, but you weren't exactly the brightest person. so although your love for comics was stronger than a concrete wall, skipping class was a definite no. you quicken your pace while praying in your head that hopefully there was at least one more copy of it left. and since the last series was a bestseller, it wouldn't be a surprise if this was one too.

the sound of bells tinkling was heard right when you opened the door. a wide grin was displayed on mr.jeon's (the store owner) face once he sees you. "evening seolhee," he greets. mr.jeon was a man that was around his early 50's, a handsome one you might add. and because you came to the store so often, it wasn't hard for him to recognize the girl who came almost every night for 5 years now. he treats you as if you were the daughter he never had and you could tell he genuinely cares for you. he'd told you once that he wished to have a daughter but he had 2 sons, he was still grateful to have the both of them though sometimes they can be a pain in the ass, but they were good.

"hi mr.jeon, how are you today?" you asked him while taking a seat on the stool across of him. he let out a deep chuckle before answering you, "i'm great! business was booming today, all because of that new comic that was released. i heard it was sold out everywhere." he beams. your shoulders slump at his words but quickly you recover yourself with a smile.

"that's great mr.jeon! glad to hear business is doing well." you said. although you were kinda bummed that the comic was sold out, you were really happy for mr.jeon since not many people know about his store.