5

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
chapter 5: friends
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

"oh, you're here too?" mr

"oh, you're here too?" mr.jeon points at jungkook when he sees the both of you walk in, putting down the newspaper that he was reading.

jungkook takes a seat on one of the stools, "i want to eat your hotteoks too, dad." he whines.

mr.jeon chuckles at him before reaching under the counter to take a bag. "you're such a big baby." he says to jungkook and you snort at his words, "that's what i said!" you exclaimed, earning a shove from jungkook.

mr.jeon stares at the both of you confusingly for a second, surprised to see the both of you getting along after that night. "are you guys friends now?" he suddenly asks, catching you and jungkook off guard.

jungkook tilts his head to look up at you to hear your response.

"yeah, i guess." you awkwardly reply with a laugh when jungkook suddenly chimes, "oh yeah, i forgot to tell you that she's my roomate."

mr.jeon turns his head towards jungkook at that. he takes out a container from the bag, "that's great! why didn't you tell me earlier?" he exclaims, handing the container to you which you excitedly take. you grab a hotteok before passing the container to jungkook.

jungkook nervously chuckles, "ah... i was busy, sorry dad." he apologizes with a sheepish smile.

you scoff at his words, "busy my ass..." you mutter under your breath, so that it was only audible for you and jungkook. he shoots a glare at your direction before proceeding to eat his hotteok.

you do the same as him and a hum of satisfaction leaves your mouth once you take the first bite. "this tastes awesome." you say, using your thumb to wipe the gooey brown sugar filling that was stained on the corners of your mouth.

the elder chuckles with a smug look on his face, "i'm the one who made it after all." he jokes. you grin at his words hand reaching for another hotteok already, "you should teach me some time." you jokingly say and mr.jeon's eyes lit up.

"you can ask jungkook to help you," he says. "it may not seem like it, but jungkookie here is great at cooking."

jungkook frowns at his dad, "dad... i told you not to call me jungkookie anymore..." he whines. you smile at the name, finding it cute.

you swallow the hotteok down your throat, "you can cook?" you question his ability and jungkook does a small shrug.

"just a few dishes."

"you should let her try your bulgogi!" mr.jeon suggests, he seems more excited about this than the both of you. you slowly nod at his words, bulgogi doesn't sound so bad right now. plus, the two of you haven't had dinner yet anyway.