Chapter 11

*Third Person*

The boys had finished soundcheck and were preparing for Limelight. Kai wasn't going out but she had heard all the screaming girls as they chanted her and her brother's friends names.
"Crazy isn't it?" Kai turned around to see a girl around her age, maybe a little older, approaching her.
Kai nodded. "They have a lot of supportive fans, it's amazing."
The girl stood beside Kai and peeked around the corner and suddenly the screams got louder.
One fan screamed out, "Oh my gosh, it's Tate! I love you Tate!"
The two girls giggled and stepped back behind the wall.
When they caught their breathe Kai guessed. "Your a girlfriend I'm guessing?"
Tate nodded. "Yes, Jonah's. I'm Tate by the way." She smiled as she stretched her hand for Kai to shake.
"Kai." She replied, shaking her hand.
"Are you someone's girlfriend? Sorry, I'm not really caught up with these things." Tate chuckled.
Kai shook her head. "Definitely not, I'm Jack's sister."
"Sister? Wow, I really am I living in the dark. I didn't know any of this." Tate stated.
"To be fair, no really anyone knew until a few weeks ago." Kai shrugged.
"I'm guessing the fame was to much for you." Tate sighed. "There are plenty of kind fans that really support the boys and their families but some are incredibly rude. I know people hate on me and the other girls, especially Gabbie since she now has a baby, but don't let the hate get to you."
"Gabbie and a baby?" Kai repeated, confused.
"Gabbie and Lavender, Jack's girlfriend and his child." Tate said slowly as if she expected Kai to know.
Kai's mouth fell open. When she heard about Jack having a kid from her mom she thought it was a prank and when her mom said she was going to the hospital Kai thought she was kidding.
"Oh wow. I'm more in the dark than you and Jack is my own brother!" She said, astonished.
Though Tate was confused about how she didn't know, she pushed it to the back of her mind and focused on the boys walking towards the girls.
"Tate, I missed you." Jonah wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, hugging her tightly.
"Me too Jo." She smiled as they separated.
Meanwhile Kai had walked towards her brother. "You have a freaking child?"
Jack's face went pale for a second before regaining color. "I should've told you Kai, but with everything that happened I never knew a good time to tell you. Your going to meet her and my girlfriend today, please don't scare her. They are two of the most beautiful things in this world." He stated.
Kai's heart melted at his words and how he cared so much for his girlfriend and child. "Jack, I could never be mad at you for this. It's slightly frustrating that even after we made up you didn't tell me but I understand, you were scared. I can't wait to meet both of them and see what makes my brother so happy."
Jack's smile grew wider and he hugged his sister before pulling away. "Thank you Kai. Anyways we've gotta go do Limelight. We'll see you before the show for a bit. Tate, could you introduce her to Gabbie?"
Tate nodded and Jack thanked her before all the boys headed off. The screams of all the awaiting fans erupted and the girls looked at each other and chuckled.
  Tate guided Kai past guards backstage and towards a room. Tate knocked softly before a girl's voice was heard.
  "Come on in." The girl spoke from the other side.
  Tate opened the door and beckoned for Kai to go inside first. Once Tate entered she closed the door behind her, walking to sit beside the girl with curly hair who sat on the couch with a baby in her arms.
  The girl who sat beside Tate smiled as she played with the young baby in her arms.
  "This is Lavender May Avery and Gabbie." Tate gestured towards the both of them.
  A smile spread across Kai's face as she inched closer to the baby, adoring her every move. "I can't believe I'm an aunt to this beautiful child." Kai shook her head in disbelief.
  "Jack told me about you when he said you were joining them for tour. He didn't want me to not know who his favorite sister was." Gabbie chuckled.
  "I doubt favorite after everything but we are still close, yes." Kai replied.
  "No, he told me he made the biggest mistake doing what he did to you. Trust me, it's his biggest regret." Gabbie rocked Lavender in her arms.
  Kai smiled as Gabbie stood up and handed the young girl to Kai. Lavender's small eyes opened and she smiled her cute baby smile.
  "She's adorable." Kai cooed, kissing her niece on the forehead.
  Gabbie smiled. "She gets it from her father."
  Kai shook her head. "Forget about Jack, she gets it from you! You are absolutely beautiful."
  Gabbie blushed. "Thank you!"
  The three girls talked more about Lavender, their hobbies and Jack's old embarrassing memories. They hadn't realized how fast the time had past when the boys came into the room.
  "I see you two met. Please tell me she didn't embarrass me Gabs." Jack hoped.
  Kai rolled her eyes playfully as Gabbie laughed. "Course she didn't." The three girls all exchanged looks and burst out laughing.
  "She did, didn't she?" Jack sighed as Gabbie nodded. "Well now I'm sad." He stuck out his bottom lip as he picked up Lavender, smothering her with kisses as he fake cried.
  They still had about an hour until the show started so they just hung out, talking to one another until the sound of Kai's phone getting a text silenced everyone.
  She took it out of her back pocket and her fingers flew across the keyboard, clearly wanting to give a fast reply. Once she sent the message she looked up at the others staring at her.
  She raised an eyebrow. "What?"
  Jack came to her side and snatched her phone out of her hands. As he stared at the screen his eyes went wide. "A boy? I think not."
  He immediately called the number and when it picked up he was stern. "My sister is to young  to date! Delete her number!"
  "Jack!" Kai screamed, finally managing to grab the phone out of his hands. "Luke, I'm sorry. My brother is overprotective and honestly weird."
  Daniel's shoulders slumped when he heard who she was talking to. He had to admit, the guy seemed nice but Daniel didn't want someone taking up Kai's time. Daniel was the only one he wanted to take up her time.
  Once Kai hung up Tate smirked. "Who's this Luke guy? Is he good enough for you?"
  She sent Tate a glare and turned towards Jack as he backed up to the wall. "Seriously Jack! I'm twenty, I'm well old enough to date. Your twenty and you have a girlfriend. Why can't I have a boyfriend?"
  "Because your my sister and I want to protect you from all the bad guys who will hurt you in this world." Jack blurted out.
  A chorus of 'awes' spread around the room and Kai crossed her arms. "Thanks, but though  Luke is good looking and nice, him and I are just friends. And I promise, if any guy breaks my heart you can set him straight." She paused before adding, "Just don't hurt him, I don't want your career getting screwed."
  Daniel sighed, though Jack might let another guy date his sister he strictly told all of the boys that they weren't allowed. And the thing was, though he liked Kai, he wouldn't break his promise to his best friend.

A/N: I am getting some money from my grandma and I'm using it to buy the What Am I hoodie! I'm so freaking excited!😆