Chapter 16

*Third Person*

The shows were flying by, the boys already on their 8th show in Nashville. Christina and Kai had decided to stay at the hotel for the boys show, deciding on what days the pranks should occur.
"See you girls later!" Corbyn pecked Christina on the lips before walking out of the two girl's hotel room.
"Christina, I trust you to keep her away from dudes." Jack said.
Kai rolled her eyes. "You don't seem to mind me talking to Luke for the past few weeks!"
"I did my research, he's an actor and he's got money. He seems good. But other dudes, sketchy." Jack stated.
Christina chuckled as Daniel snorted. "Luke's the guy who bumped into her and hurt her." He emphasized. "And your allowing a guy who hurt her close to her?"
"Daniel, we bumped into each other and neither one of us got hurt. Your being an overprotective best friend, just let me live." Kai giggled, kissing Daniel on the cheek.
His face reddened before Jack grabbed his arm and pulled him out, leaving Zach and Jonah.
"Kai, I'm giving you permission to go on a date with a hot guy tonight. If you do tell me, I promise I won't tell Jack." Jonah smirked.
"Player much." Zach grunted. "First Daniel, now Luke, next some random hot guy. Dang Kai, I see you."
Kai smacked Zach on the arm. "Thanks Jonah, good luck to you all tonight."
They exchanged goodbyes and headed off.
"Ok, who cares about pranks. We are finding you a guy." Christina clapped her hands together and stood up, dragging her friend with her.
"Chris, I look horrible!" Kai protested.
"You look gorgeous K, now let's go."
They took the elevator downstairs, arriving on the first floor when they saw the boys still here, gathered around someone.
Assuming it was just fans they continued towards the doors when Jack ran up to them. "Kai, someone is here to see you."
Kai furrowed her brows, following Jack to see Luke.
"What are you doing in Tennessee Luke?" Kai questioned, pulling him into a hug.
"Work. Your brother commented on one of my posts when I was here and said that he wanted to plan for us to meet up. I couldn't say no." Luke smiled, pulling away.
Meanwhile the boys watched the whole reunion, all thinking the two were adorable except for Daniel, who stood there quietly.
"You two are going around Nashville while the boys are at their show. I'll just stay at the hotel and we can do whatever we want when you get back. Now go have fun with him!" Christina smiled, pushing the two towards the doors.
They were laughing when the exited, walking to Luke's parked car, hopping inside. Kai didn't know where they were going but Luke did. He drove them to a small cafe about a mile from the hotel.
They walked inside and sat at a table, looking at the menu. Once the decided, they ordered.
As they waited for their food they got to get to know each other more.
"So your favorite color is yellow. You love spaghetti and your a twin with Jack." Luke sat back in his chair, arms crossed, a smile tugging at his lips.
Kai nodded, chuckling. "And your an actor, your favorite sport is football and you have an obsession with ice cream."
This time Luke nodded. They both stayed silent for a second before Luke interrupted.
"You look beautiful." His smile appeared.
When Kai looked shocked and didn't respond he panicked.
"I'm sorry, it was to early for that." Luke shook his head.
"No no no, I think it was sweet and-" Kai paused, her blush becoming more visible. "and thank you."

@LukeSmiths

Liked by @jackaverymusic, @Kai

Liked by @jackaverymusic, @Kai.Avery and 709,464 others

@LukeSmiths: She's beautiful, there's nothing that will change my mind🥰 [@Kai.Avery]

@Kai.Avery: Your to sweet Luke😊
↪️@LukeSmiths: Says you!😁
↪️@User25: Ok this is freaking cute and I only have known about you two for a minute👏

@jackaverymusic: Your to nice to her and that's a good thing
↪️@LukeSmiths: Well thank you.

@Hater4: Clout chaser, first Daniel and now a famous actor🙄
↪️@LukeSmiths: She didn't know I was an actor until a few minutes ago and we've been talking for a few weeks so stop calling her a clout chaser.
↪️@User6: Luke snapped👏

See more comments

The two finished off their date watching the sunset. They sat on a hill on top of a blanket, still talking and getting to know each other more.
"I have a question." Luke turned to face Kai.
"And I have an answer." Luke replied.
"Have you ever been in love?" Kai asked.
Luke thought. "I'd say it was close to love, yes. But it wasn't quite at that stage and I was so young at the time, I didn't know what love really meant. But yes, I guess I have been in love. Why?"
Kai shrugged. "I just have never known what it would feel like. And when that feeling comes what should I do? Ignore it, or tell the person."
"If you really think it's the right person and you truly think it's the right time to tell them you love them, go for it." Luke advised her.
"Thank you Luke." Kai smiled.
He pulled her closer, their faces inches apart. He looked from her eyes to lips, back to her eyes again. Then they both leaned it, lips connecting as the sun painted the sky a beautiful orange.
They separated and Kai turned away shyly.
"Was that to soon?" Luke asked, worried.
Kai shook her head. "Not at all."
  The two smiled shyly as Luke wrapped his arm around the girl. She leaned against him as they watched the sun paint the sky in the distance.