Chapter 17

*Third Person*

  "Chris!" Kai shouted as she entered their hotel room.
  "Kai, your back. How'd the date go?" She wiggled her eyebrows as Kai sat on her bed.
  "He kissed me." Kai sighed.
  "He what?" Christina's eyes widened as she inched closer, eager to hear more. "What happened?"
  "We were just watching the sunset and I don't know where this came from, but I had asked if he'd ever been in love. He said yes and I asked what you'd do when you know it's the right person. Luke said to tell them, then we kissed." Kai explained, her heart melting as she thought about it.
  "That is so cute! You two are perfect for each other." Christina clapped her hands together.
  Kai shrugged. "All we did was kiss. And it was kinda awkward after that."
  "How so?"
  "He didn't talk very much. Drove me here and left right after I closed the door, I didn't even get to say goodbye."
  Christina bit her nail. "Maybe he was just nervous about your reaction."
  Kai shook her head. "No, something's up. He asked if it was to early and I said no. Then after that it got awkward."
  Christina thought, her hand under her chin, elbow resting on her knee when Kai's phone went off.
  She opened the notification from Instagram and nearly dropped her phone.

@LukeSmiths

Liked by 724,311 others

@LukeSmiths: Happy 2 years babe! [@Becca]

@Becca: Love you Luke😘
      ↪️@LukeSmiths: Love you more

@User4: In his last post he called Kai beautiful! What happened and who's this Becca girl?!
       ↪️@Becca: His girlfriend of two years. This Kai girl was just to cover us since our relationship was secret but we decided to make it public.
       ↪️@User72: Your a snake, playing Kai like that🐍! You and your boyfriend

@LukeSmiths: The other girl was for publicity and to keep my relationship private. Yeah, we kissed but it meant nothing. Y'all are stupid if you fell for that.
       ↪️@jackaverymusic: Never talk to my sister again or I swear you'll end up in the hospital with more than a bruise

@Hater6: Better fit than Kai
      ↪️@User57: At least Kai wasn't a snake like this Becca

See more comments

  "I can't believe I fell for that. I'm so stupid." Kai muttered as fresh tears ran down her face.
  "K, we all fell for it. If anything it's my fault because I urged you to hang out with him." Christina shook her head as she comforted the girl.
  "No, it has nothing to do with you. I trusted him to easily and now I'm paying the consequences."
  They sat in silence for a long time, Kai still crying and Christina rubbing her back. It was almost 11:00, both girls beginning to get tired.
  Christina grabbed black sweatpants and Daniel's hoodie, throwing them to Kai. "Go change then come back. We'll watch a movie or something, we just need to get your mind off that loser."
  Kai nodded and trudged to the bathroom. While she changed Christina heard a knock on the hotel door. She opened it to see Daniel, a stern expression on his face.
  "Where is she?" He stepped in the room, looking behind Christina.
  "The bathroom, changing." She replied.
  When Kai stepped out, Daniel's expression changed to a sad one. He noticed her mascara running, red eyes and her slumped shoulders.
  "Your coming with me Kai." Daniel pulled his friend towards him.
  "Daniel, I just want to hang here. I'm really tired." Kai muttered.
  "Kai, your coming with me." Daniel repeated, picking the girl up.
  "Daniel stop." She cried.
  Kai was tired, confused and most of all hurt.
  "Daniel, just leave her here." Christina sighed.
  "No." He shook his head. He needed to cheer her up, it hurt him seeing her like this. So he turned around, walked out the door and down the hall, all with a broken girl in his arms.
  The boys were out getting food so Daniel had the room to himself. He placed Kai on his bed where she curled up, knees to her chest.
  "What can I do to help you? Do you want me to find him?" Daniel crossed his arms.
  The shivering girl on the bed shook her head. "S-stop Daniel. I'm f-fine."
  "Your lying to yourself Kai. Stop it. Now what do you want me to do?" Daniel raised his voice slightly.
  "I just want this day to be over with. I just want to lay with you in quiet, I just want comfort. I don't care what he does with his girlfriend. I just want to forget, Dani, please." Kai looked up at him and that's when he realized he loved her, but it was to soon. He couldn't say anything to her, not for a long time.
  "Fine." He mumbled, going to his bag to grab some shorts to change into. He walked to the bathroom and closed the door.
  Kai stretched out in the bed, pulling the covers down and slipping under them.
  When Daniel walked out of the bathroom he turned off the light and lay down beside his friend. He pulled her close and he stayed silent as she wished, though he heard small sobs escaping her mouth.
  Once she was asleep he carefully picked her up and brought her back to her hotel room. Christina opened the door, smiling at the sight. Daniel carried Kai to her bed, then softly placed her down before tucking her in. He placed a kiss on her forehead before whispering goodnight. Then he walked back to his room, exhausted from the day