Chapter 6

I was shaken awake by someone. The grip on my arm was strong. Instantly, I knew it was Newt. I woke up.

  He led me to the toilet and told me to wash up. After I was done, Newt brought me to have breakfast.

  Toast, eggs, bacon and milk. My favourite was the bacon, since Frypan made such excellent ones. Right after breakfast, I was whisked away by Frypan, who was supposed to train me that morning.

  He got me to chop up vegetables for the other cooks and I was kind of good at it. I noticed Frypan was doing all the work for his stew. I asked if he needed help.

  "No," he replied.

  "Why are you being so secretive? What's in there?" I said while peering into the pot.

  Quick as a flash, Frypan covered the pot with a lid. "Never," he paused, "ask Frypan what's in his stew," he said. I raised my eyebrows and walked away, returning to chopping the vegetables.

  Finally, it was time for lunch. I got my food and headed towards the table I sat at with my friends. Halfway, I remembered that I was supposed to have lunch with Glenn. I made my way to our meeting point.

  When I reached, Glenn was already there. He asked, "You ready?" I nodded my head. Together, we crossed the glade and towards the shady tree.

  There, we had lunch, chatted and joked around. Finally, we finished. I got up and said, "We better get going." Glenn stood up. Suddenly, I was pushed against the trunk of the tree. The bark grazed my elbows.

  Glenn put his hands on the trunk. His arms formed a barrier, preventing me from escaping. "Ermm... Glenn what-" I started but got cut off when Glenn put a finger to my lips, making me nervous.

  I looked around. Nobody was anywhere near as everyone was at the dining area having lunch.

  Licking his lips, Glenn closed in on me. He closed his eyes. With all my might, I shoved him away. He stumbled backwards. He stared at me, wide eyed.

  Taking advantage of his confusion, I kicked him where it hurt. He crumpled to the ground, groaning. I smirked, satisfied with my performance.

  However, my victory was short lived. Within seconds, Glenn was back on his feet. My eyes widened in fear. Instinctively, I turned and ran towards the dining area, with Glenn hot on my heels.