Introduction

• Dedicated to Destanie R. Parker

A cold morning but just some how different than all the others in a way it is some how relaxing and unsettling at the same time. The excitement of running though the woods just gives me a high feeling like I could fly. The feeling of the earth between my toes makes me want to run faster and longer. The smell the things I can now smell its so intoxicating that my senses go into a intense instinctive mode like feeling that would drive most of my kind into insanity at least I think it would.

Oh yeah I am not human not anymore at least. What some people think it is cool to be some kind of mix between a creature and a human it is actually a curse. The instinctive mode I was talking about it depends on the emotions the instinctive mode can enhance you in ways or forcibly change you but the instinctive mode will take over your whole body. Most of you are familiar with breed of werewolves well their not the only ones who can change into full beast form to stalk there pray in the night. I haven't met any of my own kind beside the one that turned me into whatever I am now but even then I don't have a name or a face only a shadow of the same thing I am. My name is Ryan Garcia. I have four good friends they are Jake Stackhouse, Alex River, Shawn Smith, and Jeanette Anne and then there is Jenna Sterling we have some history there but we will save that story for another time. We will talk about my friends later too.

I guess I should start from the beginning. Well I was a normal-ish guy with a very abnormal life so nobody really could tell except my Band of Brothers and Sister Jake, Alex, Jeanette, and Shawn they were the exception to everyone else. We all want to go into the military special forces specifically it was because so we could feel important other than a few nobody's just working out for no reason. The training we put are selves through by enrolling into the Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps doing rigorous runs for miles and a lot of other training. We all did really well on the physical aspect of it. For me I was more of a physical type of person then academic person so you can imagine how I was in class.

A week past my 18th birthday and I went camping in the woods with Alex, Jake, Jeanette, and Shawn. We all got are camping gear and headed out to the woods near Point Crest (are small town) we all lived in. We got up to this point in the woods where there was a nice hidden cave in the waterfall. We thought we were the only ones that knew about it cause it seemed like everything had stayed so natural. But we had to see if the cave was clear so all of us gave each other a look to where which one of us was stupid enough to go check it out and, some how my stupidity and pride got the best of me. "I will do it you bunch of pansies". Jake being the smart mouth said," I rather be a pansy than be dead". "Be careful", Jeanette said "I will go with you I rather go and explore than be out here with these pansies", Shawn said. The cave felt warm like some thing had been here or I was just a little creeped out. I didn't want to tell Shawn because I knew deep in side he was just as creeped out just like me. "Hey Shawn do you see anything tracks, dead animals, or feces", I said. "Nope what about you Ryan", Shawn said. "Nope every things good over here alright guys lets pack it in the cave for the night", I said.