17| bye, nutcase

Noah was thinking about Kayla.

It wasn't something unusual for him, it was rather something he did almost everyday. Plus, it wasn't just thinking that he did. He stared at her a lot when she was around too. That made him seem like a creep, he hoped Kayla didn't think he was one.

He wondered about what she was doing at that exact moment.

He dropped himself on the chocolate coloured couch while the television displayed several cartoon characters chatting with each other. His sister, Nyla, was lying on the floor, stomach against the ground as she coloured a portrait of herself that she drew in her kindergarten.

The portrait didn't really look that similar to the real Nyla, who had curly brown hair and adorable brown eyes. There obviously had been a resemblance between the two, but Nyla just didn't have stubs as legs and three stick-like fingers on each hand.

Nyla stuck her tongue out in concentration as she coloured in her hair in the portrait.

Noah leaned forward. "Nyla, is that you?"

"Yes." She nodded her head, the curly pigtails on her head bobbing with the motion. "I can draw you when I'm done." She said and immersed herself in the colouring yet again.

Noah leaned against the back of the couch and watched the characters on the television converse with each other, trying to find out who had stole their magic beans.

A vibration coming from the back pocket of his pants halted him. It was probably a notification from someone he knew. He pulled out his phone, entering his password, before going into the messenger app to see who had contacted him.

He almost stopped breathing when he saw that it was Kayla who had texted him.

Kayla💞:
Hey

He could feel his palms start crying of the embarrassment that had yet to come.

Noah:
What's up?

Kayla💞:
Remember the time you came over and I helped you with the script?

Noah scrunched up his eyebrows, wondering why she had to remind him of it.

Noah:
Yeah, why?

Kayla💞:
Well
Let's say you are free now...
Are you?

Noah:
I'm expensive
Jk I am free

Kayla 💞:
😂
Well would you like to um come over?
To give me some ideas for the video
It's okay if you don't want to
I totally understand

Noah almost jumped up in joy.

Noah:
Sure, I'll be right over.

Kayla💞:
Thank you

Noah got up from the couch after tucking his phone into his pocket, his heart elated. He bent down next to his sister and ruffled her hair. "I'm going out. See you later."

"Bye, Nutcase." Nyla said, paying no attention to him.

Noah froze when he heard that word leave her little mouth. "What did you just call me?" He asked jokingly.