epilogue

Years and years later...

Kayla Hiraeth wrung her fingers together as she waited in the private room in a restaurant she'd requested for. She felt nervous for some reason. Well, actually, it was pretty much justified considering that she was meeting her highschool friends after so long.

She couldn't help but think that since they haven't seen each other for so long, maybe they've all changed and wouldn't click anymore. Then perhaps a fight would blow up between them and ruin their years of friendship together.

Kayla shuddered at the thought, telling herself to stop thinking negatively entirely.

She decided to think about how her dream of becoming a nurse and a writer had come true. She'd work at a hospital and after she'd returned home, she would continue to type out all of her flowing ideas that pile on her head everyday.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, Kayla assumed it was a waiter or a waitress but when her eyes met her boyfriend's her heart fluttered. She'd seen him a few days before but the effect between them never wore off, never since they'd first met.

Noah Chase gave her a smile. A smile that was a lot more at ease compared to the ones in his youth. He'd grown since then, his curly brown hair thicker and he'd definitely grown taller since the high school days. She was so happy for him when she found out that he was working in an AI development management. Kayla stood up to give him a hug only for him to push open the door further to reveal all her friends.

Kayla smiled widely, beckoning for them to sit down.

She examined their appearances which didn't really surprise her much since she'd followed them on their social media. Juan was a little taller and a lot buffer - due to taking football full time, however aside form those intimidating changes, his smile still remained the same: confident and friendly.

Jennifer looked a lot more dressy and more stylish, her curly hair let down and free, hoop earrings dangling from her ears. Kayla was surprised but happy for Jennifer when she'd announced on her Instagram that she was becoming a dance teacher and that she wasn't going to let her younger trainings go to waste.

Tove was beside her, her style noticeably improved as well. With a slight touch of makeup and stylish clothes to pair with it, she looked great. Kayla was sure that she would be recognised by the world once she climbed higher in the Hollywood charts. She was quite recognisable already.

Bryson stood beside her, taller as well, making Kayla raise her brows at how the boys were still growing. He looked a lot more mature, his jawline more pronounced. Kayla heard that he was working in an office job now.

Kai stood next to him, unsurprisingly seemingly taller than before. Hair messy and face expression still as mischievous but with a hint of fierceness, he almost looked the same aside from the fact that he looked more mature and that he oozed authority from opening up his own restaurant.

Lastly, it was Monica, her hair let down and her she seemed more serious. There was still an air of I don't care that radiated from her but it was the good kind. The good kind that spoke that she didn't care about what anyone had said about her. She seemed a lot happier too, with her brother in full recovery and working with her in the engineering office.

Everyone settled down and it became quiet for a moment. It was obvious that everyone was searching for a topic to start with.

Juan broke the silence finally. "Is someone going to talk?" He asked with a smile. "Wait- I just did."

Laughter erupted from everyone around the table and the air of awkwardness lifted away from them. Conversations began to flow from there and as they dug into their meals, Kayla knew that they were back to how they were before and she hoped that they would always be like this.

Omg it's over!! I can't believe it!!! Aahhh someone pinch me so I know it's not a dream

#highschoolreunion