06: Friends and Enemies

The same night when Mark walked me home for the second time, Gina got back home a bit after we'd started eating dinner, which was strange. She normally doesn't come this late, even with her Student Council duties.

"Where have you been, Gina?" I asked her when she entered our room.

"Well..." I suddenly had a thought that she was hiding something.

"Well, what is it?"

"I was with the SC, that's all! We didn't notice the time..." There was a bit of shakiness in her voice and her cheeks were a bit flushed. "Don't worry about it, really."

"We? If I remember correctly, the other girls went home quite early... Come on now, you can't lie to me. You always play with your hair when you lie, so there's no point in you lying..."

"Can't even lie to my own sister, huh?" There was then silence between us. She looked very deep in thought.

"If you're thinking of another lie..."

"Fine, alright already!" She suddenly cut me off. "I was with John, okay? Please don't ask any more questions, okay?"

"Is there something happening between you two then?"

"I could ask the same thing to you!" Gina's face was well red now. "You, going with Mark to the City Library, almost kissing..."

Now it was my turn to become angry. "How would you even know about that?! Were you following us?!" I stood up from my bed and put the book I was reading down on my desk. "Answer me!"

"I should not have said that..." She was looking at the floor now. "Look, we were just curious..."

"And so you decided to follow us?! How do you even know about our plans?!"

"Well, Macy saw Leo walking behind you and Mark while you were going to the rooftop..."

"Who exactly knows about this?!" I was really angry now. If Macy knew, then there's a chance of the whole school knowing.

"Well... the whole Council, Tony, Leo, Christie, Patricia... We saw those computer freaks Peter and Steven in there as well, but I don't think they know about you guys..."

"Even those geeks? What, so everyone suddenly became curious just because I was talking to Mark?!"

"Look, there's nothing to be mad about..."

"Nothing to be mad about?! Of all the people, I wasn't expecting my own twin sister to be stalking every single thing that I do!" I got into my bed and turned off my lamp. "I'm going to try and forget about this while I'm asleep, so don't try to disturb me... sister," I told her with anger on my voice.

But no matter how hard I tried to forget about the fact that my friends were following Mark and I... I just couldn't. I was so angry that I just tossed and turned all night. Gina tried to apologize the next morning, but I just ignored her and prepared for school. I left the house and walked alone to school.

* * *

M:

The morning after I'd walked Lina home, I felt quite tired, though a bit satisfied. And yet again, it's another day, and that means another story. That's one of my mottoes. When I looked at the time, I bolted straight up and rushed to go to school. Quite a bad morning, if you ask me, but I had a feeling that something big was gonna happen today.