Chapter 19

Previously on The alpha's rogue

"Heard right? What's wrong with going on a date with me? Do I stink?"

"That is non of your business now let us go, we're running late."

"Call me Beatrice." She once again smiled while taking both of my hands in hers'.

"Someone's after you."
———————————————————————
Landon's POV

"Alpha, the papers you requested are here." Oliver said as he entered my office.

Since I found Alexia, many werewolves have been roaming near my territory.
Reason? No clue yet.

"You think you'll find what you're looking for?" Oliver asked as sat down, probably exhausted from all of the work I asked him to do.

"I pray that I do. If not, We'll have to keep looking."

"Just what are you searching for?" He breathed out.

"Information about the death of the first dead Luna of Lexi's past pack. There's something I just can't put my hands on."

"What does the present Alpha of the Luna's old pack has to do with the drastically increased number of rogues roaming near our pack?
Wait a minute, wasn't she a rogue?!"

I sighed as I remembered that I am yet to explain the origins of Alexia to my friend.

"I'll tell you later. Remember the letter you gave me a couple of days ago?"

"Oh that letter? I forgot to bother you, How did your date go Landie?" He smirked, dismissing his lack of information about my mate. But seriously, not him too. Isn't my family enough? No wait, I forgot that I consider Oliver my brother...

"Enough with the stupid nickname, and for your question, I screwed up."

"Aww, did someone get blockheaded?"

"Shut up Oliver. I didn't, I just told her that someone's after her."

"You did what! How could you do that Landon? You fucked up man you know that?"

"What a great friend you are."
He rolled his eyes at my statement and proceeded,

"I'll go now look for her. Any idea where she is?"

"There's something called mind link, ever heard of it?"

"I want to surprise her."

"I want to surprise her." He mimicked me.

"Such a child."

"Go lover Landie. I'm rooting for you, you'll find her at the pack's orphanage." He winks at me as he strolled out of my office.
Why am I friends with this moron?
I promenaded till I finally reached the orphanage house.

The good thing I find about the orphanage is, that there aren't many orphans. The ones who are here had one of their parents dying from a disease or a natural thing and the other didn't take their parting well. Maybe the other parent dies from heartbreak or they kill themselves which is mostly option 1. Maybe you'll ask, what about the rogues' attacks.
My answer will be a no. It's been years since we last encountered a rogue who killed a member of our pack.