twenty-nine

Chaewon's mouth broadens, eyes dilating, quivering as a whole. Just what has happened to her? Why can't she recollect anything at all? Did she even pass away? Tons of questions storms out inside her head but only one answer remains, waiting for it to uncover.

"w-what?" The only word that slipped out Chaewon's mouth.

Yuri's straight lips bent forming a smile. Her eyes doing the same, a beautiful crescent beaming through.

"I'm just kidding unnie"

"You just passed ou—" before the latter could say another word any further, her eyes shut close. The grip softens. The latter's body slowly collapses together with Chaewon, falling into the laid low surface. Fortunately, the two landed with no harm. Perhaps there are, just that it's not that severe to be worried off.

"You alright u-unnie?" Yuri asks in a rather frail voice which one could barely even hear.

Now that Chaewon could clearly see everything (including the whole features of Yuri), she couldn't help but widen her eyes once more. Yuri seemingly looks strange.

Not in her life has she seen Yuri with some dark features under her eyes. The puffy cheeks, under it plasters her usual smile. She looked thinner than ever. Worse than that, she looked like she had no sleep at all.

"Just what on earth happened?"