Chapter 1

Dave hopped of the bus, adjusting his ever-present shades while toting his duffle bag carelessly along side him. Kids wandered excitedly around the campgrounds, looking for old friends, laughing, and all together being totally uncool. Why Bro have to force him and Dirk to work at this lame camp? He said it was because they "needed to get out of the house and meet some new people." Yeah right, Dave thought to himself, more like Bro just wanted to be able to have the apartment to himself all month. "The sign says to go this way for registration." Dirk guided them towards the large indoor recreational area. Along the way Dave noticed an archery practice range and a dock leading off into a huge clear pond surrounded by tall pine trees. Nature, gross, he thought to himself.
"Hi there! A chipper voice called out to them was they entered the rec building."You two must be Dirk and Dave, you are the last two counselors to arrive!""Yep, that's us" Dave stated as he picked up their name badges and cabin assignments."I'm Roxy, by the way! I'm the senior counselor here, so we will get to know each other well" she smiled.
"Looks like we will be separate, that sucks" Dirk commented, looking at their cabin arrangements as they walked up towards a row of cabins." I'm with some guy name Jake English, and you're with John Egbert, sounds like a couple of dorks." He scoffed. "Whatever dude, you don't have to like them, before you know it the month will be over, and we can go back to sword fighting and eating Doritos." Yeah, sounds good" Dirk said as they split up to enter their cabins.
As he opened the door to his cabin, Dave stopped cold, standing before him was a total dork, as he was expecting; however what Dave did not expect, was for the dork to be fucking adorable. Messy dark hair, huge square glasses framing the bluest eyes he had ever seen, and buck teeth, freaking buck teeth...jegus could he be any cuter?"Hi! I'm John!" He said, blushing, and Dave realized that he had been staring." Dave" he said putting out his hand. John took it, smiling "well we will be spending a lot of time together over this next month, so I hope you like Nic Cage and card tricks!" Yep, total adorable nerd, Dave thought to himself." Oh! By the way, here is your counselor shirt! We're in charge of the Hawk group!" Dave looked down at the shirt, it was certainly not at all cool or ironic, but at least it was red." Cool, so do I have to wear it?" He asked, silently praying to not have to." Of course you do, dummy! How else would the other campers know what group you are leading?" John smiled, oblivious to Dave's distaste."Ugh, fine" he said as he slipped off his hoodie, revealing his bare chest. He heard John make a small gasping noise, Dave smirked, he was definitely going to have some fun with this kid." What is it John, see something you like?"" Um, I uhh" John squeaked "I'll see you for dinner in the mess hall." John muttered as he scurried out the door. Maybe this won't be such a boring month after all, Dave thought to himself.