T H R E E : A C C E P T I O N

Anthony

Although she is eighteen years old, like little to no experience, I was fascinated by the résumé. And to be fairly honest, I think my assistant, Lily, won't match to her skills at all because her CV pales compared with Ellie's, the new intern.

      I know you ask why am I saying that, so here are the reasons why:
1. She has worked as a customer service agent for three summers in a row.
2. Before that, she worked in a big retail shop for four years (apparently she was taking two summer jobs)
3. Her. Hobbies. Let me tell you that her hobbies are a lot so I'm going to list them all here: reading, writing poetry and stories, storytelling, handmade crafts, knitting, playing violin, percussion, guitar, and piano (all SELF-TAUGHT), photography, drawing, calligraphy, and working out( I don't know how this can be a hobby, but I can relate to her- I love working out as if it were a hobby)
4. She took lots of courses, including calligraphy, embroidery, singing, digital art, and anatomy and histology.

           As if this all wasn't enough, her résumé wasn't what caught my attention. What actually caught my attention was the fact hat she, in her age, knows how to write a résumé. I've seen people at my age, and sometimes even older, don't know how a résumé works or that they need courses to back theirs up! And me seeing how hard working she is, I am beginning to think hat I need to raise the stakes higher than hey are in my company because apparently when people want something, they can get it at any age!

         And my dad thought that I would reject her! Hell, she would be needed more than myself at the moment!

         It took me two hours to write her a good response, complementing her on her great résumé and telling her when will she be needed along with asking her about her test dates and the meeting day. I don't expect more from her; her résumé was appetizing enough.

      After I finished typing her my response, I kept going through the others with great energy, maybe the résumé happened to give me hope, or may be I finally found a sense of of professionalism, or may be I finally found someone who reached my hopes! And just when I was all bubbly and excited to finish my day in peace, the worst message happened to arrive at the doorstep (or screen) of my phone:

Sara
Wednesday [21:09]
I really miss having you at dinner. Why don't you come anytime soon?! I've missed you, babe ❤️

       Well, that definitely was a plot twist. I couldn't go on with my day at ALL! I was totally grossed out; I barely finished scheduling this week's meetings at 10:50, and I feel so much suffocated because I don't know how to reply to her, or if I even have to at all.

        Right at this moment, Prince came and tugged at my leg, with his rope in his mouth. That is why I love this dog: he knows me more than any human being on this earth, aside from Marcus,  my human friend. So, without further negotiations with my dog and five minutes of wearing sports clothes, I took me dog to the park and we ran together for a straight hour, or until I forget Sara and my mom completely.

       Fairly speaking, Sara isn't a bad person. She's amazing actually: she's double-majored in engineering and interior design, she's living alone In New York (and a big appartement at that), her salary can make her independent her whole life. Any guy would love to date her- except for me. Because although her professional life well kept, her personal life isn't that great; she depends on her mom's opinions all of the time- she's the one who suggested that we should have "something" together- and that is bothersome- very bothersome, actually. Sara never spoke her brains out, and even if she does, she talks of what her mom taught her to say- that is, you can see literally no difference between her and her mother except for her hight! I'm sure her mom knows my schedule by hard since Sara doesn't leave me alone and maybe camping in my company.

         What about her appartement in New York? Oh, she just owns it, but truly she still stays most of the year here in Florida.

       As for my mom, I really don't know what got into her, really. Ever since I started my own business, she's been stressing about the fact that I should settle as soon as possible- she talks to me as if I'm a girl in the sixteenths century! But that's not what really bothered me- it was more of icing on the cake. However, what really bothered me are her ways of "doing" not saying it; she said that to me few times, but she set me a lot in blind dates with Sara or generally tried to set us up together with very uncomfortable and unconventional ways. In the last fight we had together, the one when I decided to not move from the block, she was supposed to be making dinner, then we'd be watching "the grinch" together- as a FAMILY- but I found myself locked up with Sara , ONLY, in the house, with dinner on candle lights and her wearing a very revealing and tight dress that made me think that she made a career shift or something. I was very angry because I was having a bad day, so what happened was the spark to my gas. I couldn't take it any longer, so I shoved her out of the house, in a cold December night, packed my bags and left. I stayed in a hotel room for a week until I bought my appartement complex- and looked for another in the process.

      Other thing in this situation is Sara's fault, too. She had been always fighting her feelings; she's always going away and coming back again- one minute she likes me the other she likes on of her endless list of lover boys. I couldn't, and still can't, understand her change of emotions or moods. And that's another reason for despising Sara- she's not truthful to what she says; she's adamant about the moment she's talking to you, but when that moment passes, you're just an old moment. Just that.

         Personally, that hurts me a lot- not being special for at least someone (not in my small family circle). Ever since I was young, I was bullied because I was not special: I couldn't talk as fluent as the other kids; I couldn't draw well, I sucked at chemistry, and I didn't (and still don't) like football- I always felt that it was silly for big, old, mature guys to run behind a little aired ball, makes me feel that men are like dogs so I despised the idea since then. However, after quite some time of thinking ,and a little bit of observing and adulting, I figured that all the kids did that and been there: they all played football, liked science, talked a big portion of the day, and most of them knew how to draw. Me..? I just took good care of things I could do until I aced them, hence my success. Ever since I was little, I learned how to talk the hard way, and then I talked when necessary; I knew how to read, so I read what I really like- that is, I've always had my priorities straight. For me, priorities are what makes my day and my life! Loving someone like Sara, who only prioritize her mother's opinion until she's not by her side, so she follows her own thinking about how to waste her time, is something that is as impossible as marrying a squirrel!

        I came home at 10:20 then took a shower for a good 15 minutes duration, letting the cold water rincé my brain from the bad memory and the overthinking. While passing by my kitchen, I felt hungry.... extremely hungry! So I cooked the only think I could master: scrambled eggs. After eating three scrambled eggs, I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed, knowing it will take a while for me to get some sleep and a lot of it for digestion. I tossed and turned until I got bored; I knew that eventually I will sleep so I held my phone and unlocked it to find Sara's message staring  back at my face, as if daring me to reply.

        Challenge accepted!

:Anthony
    Sara... stop lying to yourself. You're nothing to
me.

      I turned of my phone feeling extremely satisfied with my reply, and that ended up on making me very sleepy. I dosed of to sleep with thoughts about me and whoever I'm going to spend my life with in an isolated natural place, with a lake house made from it's woods, and all we do is feeling each other's company with peace and love..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N
Hey guuuyys.
Sorry for the short update. I really couldn't find anything in my mind while writing this chapter; hope you guys understand that.
Don't forget to ⭐️ and favorite this chapter! That would make me happy.
See you next week,
Yours,
Liz.