The 'Truth'

DargonV: I will be using Latin words rather than Japanese in this story and so will have a dictionary at the bottom of each chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A salt and pepper haired man quickly shuffled around a laboratory, a young blonde girl watching him. The girl is a golden eagle faunes while the man is an elf. The girl rubs her eyes and yawns.

Girl: "What are you doing so late at night Mr. Deus?" The man looks up at her startled.

Deus: "Ah! Lux dear, I didn't know you were there!" Lux yawns again then frowns.

Lux: "How come? I've been standing ever since you said you'd make dinner. That was 3 HOURS ago." Deus frowns.

Deus: "Why didn't you make yourself something?" Lux, who is now glaring, folds her arms.

Lux: "I can't cook remember?" Deus smiles.

Deus: "Well never mind that now, look what I have made!" He holds up a small bottle with a glowing white liquid inside. "This potion will grant you the strongest magic ever!" Lux looks skeptically at the matching bottle on the table. This one's liquid was a black and red combo that glows eerily.

Lux: "What about that one?" Deus frowns and grabs the bottle.

Deus: "Never you mind this. It's just a failure." He tosses it through an Umbra Portae. Lux shrugs then takes the bottle and drinks the white liquid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thud. Crack. Thump. The sounds repeated in Ri's head over and over again as she was beaten. "Will it ever change?" she thinks. She'd been wondering this ever since the plague took almost everyone in the world. Everyone else evacuated Silvae. Everyone except Ri and her stepfather.

Ri's Father: "Get up brat!" When Ri, who was barely conscious, didn't respond he grabbed her collar hoisting her into the air. "I said get up Veritas!" He repeated as he through her into a tree with a sickening crack. Ri twitched but didn't move as she passed in and out of consciousness. Her stepfather grunts then walks away, leaving her in the forest.

Ri: "...Thi...rst...y..." She twitched again, the soft sound of a spring reaching her ears. Almost as if someone had heard her a bottle fell through an Umbra Porte and landed right in front of her. Despite the bottles eerie glow she suddenly reached out and grabbed it. She winced as she rolled over, her lower half not responding quite right. She opened the bottle and downed it quickly before her last bit of strength left and she passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dictionary:

Deus = God

Lux = light

Portae = gate

Silvae = forest

Umbra = shadow

Veritas = Truth