"hah! harry potter!"

From the moment Theo stiffly walked into his Civics classroom first period, to the time the class ended, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him. He had just moved out to Las Vegas, for his father had decided to finally show himself since leaving him and his mother. But now, his mother was lying beneath the ground in a cemetery back in New York, so he was left with an alcoholic of a father and a bitch of a step-mother. So here he was. In the middle of the desert, with no one except the bitch's dog, Popper.

As Theo walked back to the bus, he started thinking about his life before this. It was very standard. A boy lives with his mother, they create a strong bond, and they live happily together. But then when the boy gets in trouble at school, and gets suspended, that's when things go a little off track in this particular story. They get out of the cab, and walk to the museum to get out of the rain. Then the catastrophe that led him here. In the muddled mess of memories, certain aspects stick out, like the screaming, the smoke, the lack of air, and...the bodies. They are everywhere. One just to happens to be the poor boy's mother. And so he ends up living with his best friend for a while, until dad decides to return into the picture. And now he's here. In the desert, alone. The nickname "Bomb Boy" follows him everywhere, just like the eyes. The dark brown eyes that are currently boring into his own.

"What?" Theo asked, being snapped out of his thoughts of he day his life went to shit.

"Glasses. You look like Harry Potter," the boy slumped next to him chuckled. He had a lopsided grin on his face and was at least a head taller than Theo. He had on long, black skinny jeans, a navy blue shirt and a black zip-up jacket. How he wasn't dying of heat stroke was beyond Theo.

Theo scoffed, and stared out the window. "Don't fucking call me that, asshole."

The boy with the thick accent only laughed. It was a loud, obnoxious laugh like he had no idea how to control his volume. "Hah! Harry Potter!" He flicked the back of Theo's neck before sighing and continuing their sweaty bus ride back to their bus stop.
———————————————————————
Hello! It's Ashley! Sorry these chapters are so short, and sorry if they're a little bad. I promise they'll get better as the story continues.
Also thanks to Emma for telling me to write this story instead of creating the idea and then ditching it like a lot of other stories I've wanted to write.
I hope you guys all enjoy the story and stick around! Also extra points to anyone who understood the reference in "the description" area, that'll play a big role in this story as you may already be able to tell.