"yeah, that. cycle."

The walk back to the duo's houses was an uneventful one. They talked of anything and everything, but nothing much happened. The only thing that seemed to change was that Boris finally had someone to talk to. Someone who would listen. He'd been bottling up everything he had to say for so long, and now someone was there to listen and respond to him. Someone was having conversations with him. It was unexpected and brand-new.
Take a shot (OF WATER CAUSE I DONT CONDONE UNDERAGE DRINKING) for every mixtape reference I'll probably make in this story

"Do you keep in touch with them?" Theo asked the pale boy. He glanced over his features, taking in just exactly who he'd be talking to for the next however-many-years-of-his-life that he'd be living out in this house.

"Eh?" The squinting brunette responded, switching the black umbrella into his other hand.

"Why do you have that? There's never any rain out here. It's the middle of the desert."

"Hate the sun. That's why"

"Oh."

"Your friends. From Poland, Ukraine, Alaska and all of the million fucking places you've been to?" The bespectacled boy asked.

"Oh. No, not really. They don't really like to talk to me much. Again, company moves in, they say "don't fuck up environment", we fuck up environment and then we have to leave. It goes on in a, uhm, ah-whats the word? S-?"

"Cycle?"

"Yeah, that. Cycle."

Boris shrugged his backpack farther up onto his shoulder and trudged forward. Something in his sudden closing off seemed to tell Theo that he had struck a nerve. He fell behind, caught deep in thought about how Pippa would always do that whenever music was mentioned.
Oh, Pippa. The one who he had relied on for everything. She was his island in his underwater world, the one that would help pull him out of his head when everything was going wrong. The one who would read to him by firelight. She would read-

"Potter,"

No, she never read Harry Potter. It was always-

"POTTER!"

"AH!"

"Potter! I have been calling you forever! Are you not going to keep walking?" Boris waved his arms around, almost hitting himself in the head with the umbrella.

"Yeah, yeah of course. Come on."
-------------------------------------------------------
Hello again! Thank you for enjoying this story so far!
-Ashley