CHAPTER 0001

Danzo Shimura is dead. The war hawk says this out loud as if testing his capabilities of speech. He wonders if this is what he planned all along, but he also knows that in the end it doesn’t even matter. 

Or rather, it shouldn’t. 

In the event of his death or premature departure, he wrote the latter on a long forgotten scroll, his named successor would in this event don the shadowed cloak of responsibility: a burdened leader supporting the roots of Konoha

Retrospectively, he bitterly smiled, in the event of Hiruzen’s death by his own student the village only saw a steel beaked hawk ready to strike back at that conniving snake. 

What they didn’t see was Danzo Shimura looking up at the weeping heavens, his own tears mixing into the downpour: although a man of manipulative words, he, Danzo Shimura was still undeniably human and cared about his teammate. 

The hawk would be lying if he said his mourning was only for his unfortunate teammate.

Truthfully, he found the idea of the village being led by that buxom blonde distasteful.. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Danzo looked at his hands and found that there was nothing to see. 

Literally.

He couldn’t see anything and this momentarily stopped him until he tried lifting his hand to his face. This yielded no further advance because there wasn’t a hand to raise or a face to touch. 

There were few things in the world that could frighten Danzo and this was but a momentary quake in a still stoneface which quickly subsided. Telling himself to “BE STILL”, the man was able to calm his self preservation instincts that yelled at him to yowl for help. 

Sighing in disbelief because he is supposed to be composed, Danzo notices something off.

Yowl? He is a powerful shinobi and dignified elder, he does not “yowl”! 

No matter, Danzo thinks. This is inconsequential compared to how many people that he had come to know, dare not to fight tooth and nail, doing all they can to obtain power all to achieve their life goals. 

This, he believes, is the pinnacle of life: the struggle, the pain, the loss, and the ultimate gain/loss in the end…

Danzo knows that he is dead and in his life had never accepted any one school or religious explanation of death, so therefore after having concluded that he has no physical body or form save for his lingering consciousness… He really has no inkling of what is supposed to happen, or if anything will happen. 

The only thing he can do for the innumerable amount of time he spends in this state is meditate until one day he thinks no more and drifts。。。

In this world full of colors bleeding from the rainbow,

black cannot coexist with white and white with black. 
.
.
Or could it? 
.
.
Because really,

in a world of bleeding color,

neither black nor white exist..the answer?

                        GREY

Grey in different shades but never on the seesaw of extremes.

This is the balance of life that humans intrinsically

try to reason out with moral accompaniment and skewed reasoning.

There is only good and on the other wing there is only evil,

that is the focal point of their belief.
.
.
But the freed hawk knows otherwise. 

He will need this insight where he's going.