Finally At Home

Summary : While on shift Kelly gets hurt after jumping from a three story window and ends up in the hospital. His wife who works in the ED is getting ready to leave shift when Kelly rolls through the doors.

Pairing : Kelly Severide x Wife Reader

Y/N POV

I had just finished up my shift in the ED and was in the doctors lounge getting ready to leave for the night. All I was dreaming about was going home and having a nice glass of wine and catching up on the latest episode of FBI. When out the corner of her eye she see firehouse 51 walk through the ED doors with a fighter fighter on a gurney. I closed my locker and headed out to the ED. Suddenly everyone at firehouse 51 turned and looked my way with a worried look on their faces. Kelly was nowhere in sight.

Chief Boden walk up to me, places a hand on my shoulder "Y/N"

"Wha—aaat what happened? Where's Kelly" I stuttered

I turn around to see Kelly in trauma bay 2 with Dr Halstead and April working on him. I stand there worried listening to what they were saying while tears were starting to form in my eyes.

Dr Halstead was giving out orders "Get blood, hang a litre of LR on the rapid transfuser, chest X-Ray then pelvis, were gonna roll him. 1 2 3." They rolled Kelly onto his side to get the backboard out from underneath him and continued. "Pan scan once we get his pressure up."

April walked up to me and pulled me into a hug "We've got him from here, we will let you know." I turned around with the tears finally escaping and running down my face, and followed everyone at 51 to the waiting room for an update. While in the waiting room so many questions were going through my mind, What happened? How did this happen? Was he going to be ok? I needed answers. I got up from my seat and all eyes where on me.
"What the hell happened?" I say full of emotion.

Chief Boden and Matt walk up to me. Matt started off "We where out on call at a house fire Kelly was inside getting out a victim. We got them out through the third story window." Then Chief spoke up "Kelly then had to jump from the window to stop him from being burned when the fire blowed through the bedroom door. He did it to save himself. Even though it was very stupid." I looked at them stunned not knowing what to think.

Dr Halstead walks out with an update "So, there is god news. He can move his hands and feet so we can rule out paralysis." "What's the bad news" I say with pain in my voice. He continues on by saying "There may not be any, I'll keep you posted Y/N" and turns and walks away.

I'm now sitting in Kelly's hospital room reading my book waiting for Kelly to wake up. Suddenly I hear Kelly grunt, my full attention is now on him. "Kelly Baby" I say while getting up from my seat to get closer to him. He wasn't fully there "We're at med?" He says looking confused. "Yeah, Dr Halstead says you have a concussion a couple bumps and bruises but... you're going to be ok." "It doesn't feel like it" he says shifting in a bit of pain. My emotions are starting to come through, tears starting to form in my eyes "You know you could've used a ladder. You could have saved us all a lot of stress." Kelly looks at me "Next time baby, I'm sorry." I lean down and give him a kiss and he returns in until he hisses in pain. I pull away and look at him. "I love you" he smiles "I love you too"

I stayed the night in his hospital room with him not wanting to leave his side. After Kelly being there for 3 days he was finally discharged from the hospital and we where now sitting in the front room having dinner and a beer while watching the Chicago White Sox game on TV. Everything was ok, my husband was ok, I was ok, everything was finally ok. I was finally at home.