It's Ok To Breakdown

Summary : After a hard shift at the firehouse Y/N has a little emotional breakdown while at Molly's with the 51 gang. Since she was drunk Kelly took her back to his place to look after her. Where he's full out has an emotional breakdown.

Pairing : Kelly Severide x Reader

Warnings : Dismembered Body, Emotional Breakdown, Over Drinking.

Y/N POV

I made my way up to the firehouse for my shift. I enter the firehouse and header to the locker room and put all my things away and headed to the kitchen to get myself a cup of coffee and have breakfast. I sat down at the table and started to eat while reading the mornings newspaper. After about 3 hours the bells went off and we went out for our first call of the day.

BUUZZZZZZZ – TRUCK 81, SQUAD 3, AMBULANCE 61, INJURY ON THE BLUE LINE, LOGAN SQUARE STATION.

We pull up to the scene and got out the truck and started to walk beside the stopped train.

"Be carful the third rail could still be hot" one of the workers said.

We made are way down to the drivers window. He believes that while going through the tunnel that he hit someone, so we needed to make sure that the rails where turned off to start looking. After about 3 minutes the power was turned off and we went in search for the person. About half way down the train we see a teenage boy was trapped under the train badly injured.

"It looks like his leg is stuck" Casey said.

"Hey my names Matt, this is Y/N."

"Jacob" the boy said.

"What happened Jacob?" Casey said.

The boy answered "My sister, Kayla and me went into the subway through a access door to look around. But when we looked behind us, we tried to get out the tunnel."

I got up and started to he into the tunnel while Casey radioed to Chief that there was another kid in the tunnel and that I was going inside.

I walked down the side of the train calling out for Kayla, hoping to hear a reply from her, or a noise to find where she was.

"Call Out" I said while looking under the train.

I kept walking and I started to see parts of a body, an arm. I thought ok, maybe that's the worst of it she lost and arms that's fine. She can live without her arm. She'll be able to manage with that. I kept walking further into the tunnel and the sight I saw shook me to the core. A teenage girl, dismembered buy the train, scattered along the tracks. I stopped moving. I started to hear Casey talking to me through my radio "Y/N" and I didn't move and answer him. I just stayed there looking at this poor girl, wondering what life she could have had.

I can hear Casey coming into the tunnel calling for me. I still didn't move. He walked right up to me and then he could see what I could see. He then started to talk into his radio. "Yeah, we found the victim. Need two body bags, latex gloves more lights." Other member of truck 81 came into the tunnel and made there way down. Casey gave out his orders and they got started collected the girls body. I just didn't move.

Time skip – Firehouse, End Of Shift.

I held in my emotions all day. Didn't cry or anything, but I know this got to me. More than any other scene I had been on. It's not like I've lost people on the job before. I was in the locker room getting my bags and putting on my coat when Kelly walked into the locker room and opens his locker. I could tell he was looking at me.

"Hey" He says while putting on his coat.

"Hey Kelly" I say while closing my locker.

He walks up to me and make me look at him. "Wanna come to Molly's tonight. Relax after the day we've had" he asks.

"Ermm... Yeah. I'm gonna go home first and I'll meet you there in an hour or so." I say while starting to walk out of the firehouse and walk over to my car.

I got home, had a shower and sat down in the kitchen at my isle. My emotions started to get to me and I let all the tears out. I started to drink some of the beers I had in my fridge. I finished a few and started to get myself ready to head over to Molly's. I slowly drove my way over to Molly's and I felt ok to drive. I headed inside didn't see Kelly yet so I went up to the car and asked Herrmann for a vodka soda and 2 shots. I downed the shots before he could turn away and finished half of my drink within 5 seconds. I needed to forget about what happened on shift today.

By the time Kelly entered the bar it had been about 30 minutes and I have had about 2 vodka soda and 4 shots, and was currently waiting for my 3 vodka soda.

"Hey Y/N" Kelly said as he sat down next to me and ordered himself a beer. I replied and we got into normal conversation. After about 2 more drinks I started to get a bit buzzed. Kelly could tell there was something off we me. I was drinking more than normal, and he didn't even know about the 2 beers she had before coming out tonight. Most of 51 was at the bar that night. I was currently sitting between Casey and Kelly and Herrmann was standing in front of me. I wasn't saying anything. I knew that they were talking but it was like I blocked them out. I wasn't in my body, it was like I was floating and looking down on myself and I had no control over what I was doing. I felt lost.

At some point, I don't know what happened but I broke. I was holding my glass in my hand above the table and I just left it go. It shattered all over the table and my drink started to go everywhere, the floor my lap taking pieces of broken glass with it. Everyone at 51, district 21 and even Med, everyone in that whole bar stopped and looked at me. I didn't acknowledge them. It was like I was locked in my body. Trapped I didn't move or flinch when the glass broke and the alcohol made its way onto my lap. Kelly put his hand on my arm and spoke to me. I still didn't move. I just left tears fall from my eyes staring straight ahead. Chief who was at Molly's sitting with Mouch came over and out his hand on my shoulder and asked Kelly to take me home. I still stayed there crying not talking or moving. Everyone know I was struggling with what happened today, but I didn't want to talk to anyone. I needed to move one. That's what you're meant to do when your on a call.

Kelly got my up and since he has only had 2 drinks the whole night he drove me to his place as he didn't think I should be alone tonight. I still hadn't talked. Once we got to Kelly's I entered his apartment and walked over to the coach and sat down and looked out the window. And I started crying hard. I couldn't stop myself.

KELLY'S POV

Once we got inside the apartment I went into the kitchen while Y/N sat down on the coach and I got us both a glass of water. When I entered the living room I saw Y/N full out crying, finding it hard to breath talking to herself, it broke my heart to see her in this much pain. She is the strongest person I know. But we all know what they say about the sting people. At some point everything comes down on them. I make my way over to her and held her in my arms rocking her back and forth and telling her everything this would ok in the end. After about 20 she has cried herself to sleep. I picked her up and carried her into my bedroom and tucked her in and I made my way back to the living room. I hadn't seen her like this ever. I guess even the strongest people need breakdown sometimes.