Chapter 2

Nialls Pov

I could faintly hear Pauls informative voice telling us something, but I was barely there, I was completely out of it, staring off into the distance, unable to think about anything or anyone but Lil. 

"Niall, Niaalll?" Zayn nudged me. I looked up at him questioning his actions.

"Pauls talking to you." I looked to see Pauls frustrated face but sympathetic eyes.

"Niall you need to know what's going on. Lily is alive, I have contacted her parents and they are with her right now. The artery in her upper right thigh was puntured by a shard of metal that flew off the car due to impact. She lost a lot of blood and something else... She nearly died, but she survived and wants to see you." 

I was still in a state of shock but managed to mumble a reply.

Lilys Pov

I awoke to the strong sterile smell of a hospital but I kept my eyes shut as the memories came flooding back to me. Niall. I should be angry at him, but I missed him to much to worry about that, all I wanted to do was see him. Now. With that impulse I attempted to get up but something was wrong, I couldn't stand up, I stumbled over and squealed as I fell to the ground. 

I looked down and my face fell, I couldn't believe it, I started to baul and scream and cry, as I came to the realisation that I would never ever be the same again, I'd lost a leg. 

Niall came rushing in after hearing my cries and his mouth dropped open as his eyes settled on my stump I now had for a leg. He knelt down and I pulled him in close. I missed him so much, his touch, his smell, his voice, his everything, he was my everything. My everything who left me I couldn't help but think. 

"I'm so, so sorry Lil" he said as if reading my mind.

"Why, Niall, why did you block me out" I choked out through my tears.

"I, I don't know Lil. I th, thought blocking you out w, would help me miss you le,less" he stuttered and I could tell he was trying so hard to hold back his tears. 

"But what about me Niall, did you ever think about that? While you were busy blocking me out, I just thought you forgot about me. I thought you were too busy rolling in money and playing with your little band friends that you forgot about your BEST friend" I literally screamed as anger overcome me.

He didn't reply. 

"I had to re build my whole after you left, it was never the same" I said in a smaller voice.

He looked up at me with tear stained cheeks and those beautiful blue eyes that I'd missed so much. "Please forgive me" was all he said. I couldn't resist that face.

I smiled and he beamed back at me knowing that I had accepted his apology. 

"Now Lil, Harry wants to talk to you, I will see you after" he told me before helping me back to bed, kissing my forehead and exiting the room.

The curly head boy walked in and I was happy to now know why he looked familiar, he was the Harry Styles from One Direction. Everybody loved him. Not me though. He was one of the boys that took Niall away from me. Oh and he is the cause of my missing leg. 

"Hi Lily, I'm Harry" he said awkwardly.

"I know" I replied bluntly.

"Look I'm really sorry. I didn't know there was a pedestrian crossing there, the white lines were really faded and I was going under the speed limit, but that's no excuse" he said modestly. And I must admit it wasn't all his fault. I didn't look before I crossed and he's right, the crossing is barely visible... and he was obeying the speed limit. Still I wasn't going to say that to him.