Chapter 5

Lilys Pov

I trudged downstairs dragging my three very large bags behind me. I was dressed in comfy clothes, appropriate for the plane. I wore my fluffy ug boots, a pair of black leggings and a burgandy sweater.

"Hey boys" I said cheerily as I entered the lounge to where they were all lazily sprawled out over the couches.

"We aren't going for thaat long you know?" Harry informed me giving my luggage an apprehensive look.

"I know, I just don't like to underpack" I told him then gave his tiny backpack the same apprehensive look.

"Well you sure aren't underpacked." He grinned.

"As intended" I returned his smile before helping him up.

Once we got to the airport I almost instantly regretted my decision to come. All the memories came flooding back to me, I froze and couldn't get out of the car, every muscle in my body just refused to function. 

Thankfully Niall came to my rescue. 

"Here Lily take my hand, it's okay, your safe, get out of the car now." He soothed.

I slowy staggered out of the car and began taking small shaky steps towards the departure terminal.

"Hey what's the matter" Zayn approached me and asked with an adorable concerned expression.

"I.. I... uh... I.. h...hate...." I started to stammer, but was cut off by the heavy rumble of a plane taking off. I hated that noise so much, I covered my ears and stopped talking.

"She hates flying" Niall finished for me.

"Oh, it's okay don't worry, we will be in London before you know it" Zayn comforted me.

I nodded wearily before looking up ahead to see hundreds of screaming girls.

"Are they your fans?" I asked quietly as my brain flooded me with panicked thoughts. I didn't want to be seen by them, I didn't want fans knowing about me, I didn't want my face all over the internet, I didn't want people to make up stupid rumors, I didn't want to be here.

"Yeah, here take my hoodie, keep your head down and stay with me." Niall told me firmly so I knew I had to obey him.

As we got nearer the fans, the racket got louder, and I got more and more nervous with every step. 

We walked past security that were holding back the screeching mob of fans and I could hear people yelling at me asking me who I was, if I was Niall's girlfriend and why I was with the boys.

Normally this wouldn't bother me, I mean they are just a heap of silly, loud girls but this mixed with my extreme fear of airplanes was too much. 

I was stressing so I grabbed Nialls hand and clutched it in my clammy palm. At first I felt him resist as he too knew what rumors people would make of us holding hands, but soon he stopped struggling and gave my hand a gentle squeeze before answering the desperate fans.

"Guys this is Lily, she's a friend of ours" he told the fans calmly before waving and walking off.

"You okay Lilz?" he asked in an unsure tone as he placed his hand on the small of my back ushering me toward the departure terminal.

"Hmmm" I replied numb with shock.

"This just isn't like you Lil, the Lily I know isn't scared of anything, the Lily I know would be running along side the fans high-fiving them as she passed, she wouldn't be all sweaty and scared hiding behind me, I'm just concerned, that's all. I don't remember you being so scared of planes." He smiled at me hoping to cheer me up.