Chapter 3

Lily's Pov

I wasn't really one for complaining but this leg was really getting to me I thought as I headed downstairs. I was going to be nice to the boys today because I promised Niall and they didn't actually do anything wrong.

I pinned a smile on my face and hopped round the corner.

"Hi boys, how are you today?" I smiled warmly at them.

"Ummm good" was the response I got, they were obviously confused about my overnight mood change.

"Look I apologise for being so grumpy yesterday, it's just I'm getting really frustrated with my leg and all, so I took it out on you boys." I gave Niall a slight smile as he was the only one who knew that wasn't the reason. "Im sorry, I hope you will forgive me."

"Sure, let's start on a fresh new page." One of them said with a smile. Thank goodness they are forgiving.

"Great so starting fresh then, what are your names?" I asked gesturing towards the three boys I didn't know.

"I'm Liam"

"I'm Zayn"

"And I'm Jennifer" Ah Louis the joker, Niall had warned me.

I decided to go along with his childish game.

"Oh yeah and I'm Mike" I said sarcastically.

"Pleased to meet you Mike" 'Jennifer' grinned at me and held out his hand.

"And you Jennifer" I smiled back as I shook his hand. I could tell I was going to get on a lot better with these boys than I originally planned.

Breakfast was a much better meal than last night because for one I was actually speaking and two the boys were all really lovely people. Well except for one. I still have a small grudge against Harry for taking my leg from me. Anyway I wasn't going to let those emotions show. I was going to be nice, as promised.

"Right, so ready to get you a prosthetic leg?" Harry asked me.

"Oh, I'm well ready" I replied glancing down at my jeans that looked so awkward with limp hanging material on one leg.

"Im coming" Niall mumbled with a mouth full of food.

"Okay, let's get going then" I said as I hopped up.

"Hey, the doctors probably wouldn't be to happy seeing you without this" Harry said as he pushed the wheelchair towards me.

"Ugghh I suppose your right" I groaned and flopped into the chair.

Harrys Pov

I wheeled Lily to the car and helped her in. She flinched at my touch and I couldn't help but wonder if she was still mad at me. I'd watched her through breakfast too. She didn't look at me once.

"Are you still angry at me?" I blurted out.

"No" she muttered. But she wasn't telling the truth. The way she fiddled with her fingers, the way she spoke through gritted teeth, the way her eyes flitted downwards, the way her voice was just purely unconvincing, it wouldn't take a genius to tell she was lying.

"Your a terrible liar" I told her as I tried to hold in a smirk.

"Your...Uh...You...Umm...Yeah." She made an adorable expression as she failed to find a comeback.

This time I couldn't hold in the smirk. I just let it spread over my face.

Not a good move on my part, not the winning play, not going to help her forgive me, but her attempt at a comeback was just so funny. With that I shut the door and headed to the drivers seat.