Chapter 1: Introduction

Daddy pig sighed. He glanced over at the half-empty cereal bowl sitting in front of him. "Three empty chairs and a quiet house..." 

Everyone was out doing other things. Peppa was hanging out with her friends at the mall, George told his parents that he was going to the library to study for an up-coming test, but was actually at a bar downtown. "I'm really worried about George he's been acting weird lately. He still has bad grades even though he's always studying at the library.." Daddy Pig thought feeling concerned.  

Mommy Pig was at the grocery store getting ingredients for dinner. It was 11:35 am and Daddy Pig was still eating breakfast. This was becoming a habit for him to do every morning. He lost his job about 3 months ago and still hadn't found one. Times were rough for the Pig family. With Peppa not spending time with anyone, George lying, Mommy pig over-working herself, and Daddy Pig jobless. Who knew that a family that seemed so happy and loving, was actually not? 

      Daddy Pig heard a sound at the door, it was Mommy Pig. "Hey dear." said Mommy Pig. 

"Hello.." He said still feeling down. 

 "Look, I know you've been felling kind-of down in the dumps lately, so..."

 "So..?"

"So.. I got you a new video game!" Mommy Pig said beaming.

 "W-Wow, thank you!" Daddy Pig paused "Wait.. but you never buy me games. You always say that video games rot your brain and are stupid."

 "Well, this time is different.. All that stuff might still be true, but that doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that you're happy." She said looking some-what nervous. 

"Works for me!"

They both sat there quietly for a moment until Daddy Pig asked, "..What game is it?"

"Well actually I don't know. I just picked something I thought you'd like."

"Oh ok. Could I see?" He said holding his arms out showing that he wanted to inspect the game.

"Sure." Mommy Pig said handing the game to him. After taking a closer look, Daddy Pig realized he recognized the game.

"Oh! I know this game!"

"What game is it?" She said curiously.

 "It's a game called UnderTale!" Daddy Pig said smiling.

"My buddies at.. work told me.. about it..." As he said that, his face immediately went from happy and excited, to sad and lonely. 

"Sweetie..." Mommy Pig said sweetly.

 "No, no, it's fine. Its just been kind-of hard lately having had just lost my job."

 "I know sweetie, I know. But that's why I got you this game, to cheer you up." She said smiling. "Now c'mon, lets play!"