The Seasons of My Life

Stevie is sitting on the couch, shoes kicked off on the floor in the plane she had Karen charter writing in her journal. They are just a few minutes from landing at LAX. Stevie managed to get a great nap in during the long flight, the best she has slept in a long time. As she writes down these thoughts she notices Karen glaring at her from her seat across the aisle. She smiles, amused at her assistant's frustration with her. She knows Karen is cranky often times but really doesn't blame her. Working for Stevie Nicks and her moods has to be a very challenging job.

Stevie chuckles as she writes thinking that this might be the craziest thing she's ever done. Flying halfway across the world to go and see a person who might very well hate you. She is sure part of Lindsey does hate her but she's confident his love for her outweighs that. That's the way it's always been for her, no matter how hard she tries to deny it.

Her thinking shifts to the words she has been writing in her journal. She sees very familiar song lyrics that match the thoughts she has been having in her head.

Mirror in the sky what is love?
Can the child in my heart rise above?
Can I sail
Through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Stevie writes the numbers one through four right below the questions the song lyrics ask. The answer she writes to the first is

I absolutely know what love is! The first time I felt it was when I saw that handsome curly haired young man singing California Dreaming so many years ago. That feeling has never left me all of these years. I have always, even in the worst times seen it reflected in his eyes. I've never felt that way about anyone else and I know he hasn't either. We are a matched set!

She then answers question number two

I admit I've had issues most of my life always demanding I get what I want when I wanted it. The only time I ever really served anyone else is when Lindsey and I lived in the tiny apartment with the mattress on the floor. Those where the happiest days of my life. My own selfishness is the main reason I didn't want to commit to Lindsey. I think it's time I rise above that and become his partner in life. That is what we both really always wanted.

She quickly, on a roll now, writes her response to number three

I have had a hard time admitting I am not the younger version of myself anymore. I can't sing or twirl around the stage like I used to. My body hurts so much more and I'm so tired all the time. Maybe it's finally time to settle down with the man I love and retire. A house on the beach away from everything sounds pretty good to me.

Stevie then writes down her answer to question number four

I have lived the same way now for many many years. I have grown set in my ways as I've aged always doing whatever I've wanted. It's time to acknowledge this is the last season of my life and I need the man I love in it. No matter how uncomfortable it may be from time to time. He has always been worth it!