Chapter One ●

{No POV}

As Ladybug and Chat Noir stood face to face with the akuma Marinette cursed.

"Fuck. Really? Today?" Grumbled Ladybug.

"Not a good day for you Bugaboo?" Asked Chat concerned.

"Not really. At least not a good one for this kind of akuma." Answered Ladybug.

"What's the matter is the little bug afraid to confront the fact of the importance of this day to her broken little heart and her stupid little cat?" Mocked the Akuma after staring at her for several seconds.

"I'm not afraid. I confronted the truth a long time ago. I just don't want to air my dirty laundry to the world as someone close to my heart once used to say. So i honestly don't want to fight you Butterfly Effect." Ladybug said calmly and quietly.

Her tone reminding Chat of Marinette's tone when replying to Chloe's card in class earlier.

"Well, if you're not afraid then let's take a little trip to the past, shall we?!" The akuma shouted evily making Ladybug gasp as the scenery changed to a funeral sight where two families watched two coffins being lowered to the ground.

"Minou please don't cry...you know Em wouldn't have wanted you to cry over her." A lady with long raven hair said to a little raven haired girl who was clutching onto her dress tightly crying heavily into the fabric.

Chat turned to Ladybug to see her looking at the scene sadly but unfazed for the most part before facing away from it and looking around.

"Show yourself Butterfly Effect! Your time travel tricks won't effect me." Ladybug said annoyed

"Are you certain of that?" Questioned the akuma doubtfully.

Ladybug's expression hardened.

"Yes! Your power is just showing people the most important moments that changed their lives the most tragically! I can't be hurt by something I already lived anymore. I learned...from her..." Ladybug said pausing as she clenched her hands into fists and glared straight ahead.

To Chat, the voices of the little girl and the grown Ladybug melded together.

"THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO FACE TOWARDS THE FUTURE NOT THE PAST! I PROMISED I WOULDN'T DWELL AND I WONT." Ladybug and the little girl shouted the image surrounding them suddenly fading into nothing revealing a crying akuma on it's knees a locked falling out of the akuma's hand only for Ladybug to grab it and crush it with her foot.

"It's over little akuma." Said Ladybug boredly.

Then she did her things and cleansed the akuma.

She then threw her yoyo in the air.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!!!" She shouted out causing the magic to come forth and put everything back the way it was.

◇◇◇And So!◇◇◇

-At The Cemetary-

Marinette, Sabine, Tom, Rolland, and Gina of the Dupain-Cheng family stood around two grave stones and placed flowers on each one silently and quietly unaware of a certain Chat Noir looking on from afar in sudden understanding.

'She has a relative she lost. That explains why she needs her space today.' He thought as he hid somewhere discretely and detransformed.

"We will wait back at the Bakery for you Marinette. Take your time." Said Gina with a supportive yet sad smile.

"Mm." Marinette said sweetly but sadly.

The adults shared a sad look before leaving her alone.

"I miss you Mari..." She said just as Adrien approached with some flowers.

"Marinette?" Adrien spoke up awkwardly.

Marinette turned around shocked.

"A-Adrien..." She said softly in her shock.

"I... I heard some people talking about how you were going to visit a lost loved one on this day some time back so I decided to stop by when my photoshoot was canceled a little bit ago and offer my condolences... and some flowers." Adrien said awkwardly.

Marinette blushed slightly but smiled sadly.

"T-Thank you Adrien..." She said quietly.

"Who was she if I may ask?" Adrien asked curiously but softly after reading the name on the grave stone.

"My older sister, Marianne."

"Oh... Um... Im so sorry for your loss of your sister Marinette."

"It's okay... She's in a better place now."

"If i may ask, how did she die?" Asked Adrien sadly.

Marinette sighed sadly.

"There was a fire at the Louvre one day and she was inside along with one of her friends Jason and and they couldn't make it out in time before the old Louvre collapsed, along with 28 other people. Their bodies were never found, only piles of ash with my sister's locket and Jason's favorite bracelet." Marinette revealed awkwardly.

Adrien was shocked but smiled sadly and tried to cheer her up.

Unaware of the dangers and shocks to come.

TBC...