⁰⁷

I wanted so badly to be brave - the wonder years

colby spent the rest of his day locked away. not just from sam, but from everyone, including himself.

he needed time.

he just wanted to figure everything out first. he knew he loved sam. he also needed sam in a physical type way. but thats something he didnt even want to discuss with himself. especially with himself.

but some nights it became too much, late at night the thoughts would creep into his mind, imagining sam under him, hearing his name fall from the blond boys lips as if he were in heaven.

then colby's moment of bliss would be over and he would be sucked back into the reality of, 'oh yeah, I jerk off to the thought of my best friend because nobody gets me off like he can'.

he also loved sam. he knew that. ever since the night in the warehouse. the night they were supposed to die. the first time the had told eachother.

in a brotherly way, they both thought, but truly meaning beyond that. and when sam met kat, it beyond crushed colby inside because he knew he loved her too.

he didn't know why she left, he never needed to, he was just always going to be there for sam. because as much as sam was breaking, colby had been that way for years and nobody seemed to notice.

there was a subtle knock on the door.

a quick 'come in' later, he was met by a timid corey.

they both sat on the couch that colby kept in his bedroom.

"what's up?"

"I missed seeing you today, bro. not a family without you. I wanted to know if you would want to go get some dinner for the fam with me?"

colby smiled at his close friends words. he confirmed with a small 'of course' and the pair got up and walked out of the room.

it felt nice. he knows corey cares about him, he knows everyone does. and corey knows how dangerous colby is to himself when he's alone.

the pair walked down the stairs to be met by the other roomates in the kitchen. they all decided on chic fil a, so it technically wouldn't be a short drive, but colby didnt mind getting out of the house after a long day.

before the pair left, jake called out to them, just before they got to the door.

running over, wanting to say a goodbye, giving each a good hug. he was always sentimental that way. they really were all family.

colby had no clue the events that were bound to take place. if he did, he would have just stayed home.

heyllo how are youuu?

i love you, thank you for being here.

let me know what you think

<3