Chapter Thirteen - Burying The Hatchet

After their rematch was interrupted, Deidara rode the Clay Bird to a secluded area in the Beast Forest. Once he reached the area, he began to lash out in anger.

Deidara: GODDAMN IT!

Deidara unleashed small controlled explosions using small Clay Birds. He felt robbed of his chance to beat Itachi. As he lashed out, Kendo reaches him.

Kendo: Deidara! There you are!

Deidara: What the hell do you want Kendo?!

Kendo: Listen Deidara, I......

Deidara: What the hell was that stunt you pulled?! 

Kendo: That fight was going too far! You two could've seriously hurt yourselves! 

Deidara: That doesn't excuse it! You should've stayed out of the way! You could've gotten yourself killed! I had Aizawa beaten and you got in the way! Just because you're class president doesn't mean......

Kendo: That's not what this was about and you know that! Ever since the Sports Festival, you've become obsessed with beating Itachi! It's gotten out of hand! I....I care about you too much to see you tear yourself apart! You have to let it go!

Upon hearing this, Deidara became more and more angry. But not at Kendo. But at everyhing that has happened. He summoned a medium sized bird and threw it into the forest. He screams as he detonates it.

Deidara: Do you have any idea how it feels Kendo?! To be humiliated the way I was?! Aizawa made a mockery of my art! 

Kendo was silent as Deidara yelled in rage. She knew how much Deidara valued his art. 

Kendo: Deidara.....I know how little I mean to you but.....

Deidara: Is that what you think?! Don't be stupid! Of course I care for you! You're the only reason why I stick around! If it weren't for you, I would've bailed a long time ago!

Upon hearing that, Kendo's heart dropped. Deidara had calmed down a bit. The two remained silent for a moment. Then Kendo got the courage to speak.

Kendo: D....Deidara....please.....let this go. I can't stand the thought of you losing yourself just for payback! Please Deidara.....for me.....

Tears built up in Kendo's eyes. As they began to fall, Deidara wiped the tears from Kendo's face. 

Deidara: Come on Itsuka....get a hold of yourself. Crying doesn't flatter you. Hhm. If.....if it makes you feel any better, I'll.....I'll drop this......for you. I'll take with Aiza.....Itachi. Better?

Kendo then hugs Deidara. The self proclaimed artist was taken aback by Kendo's affection. He simply lets out a sigh and hugs back. As they do that, D appears.

D: There you two are.

D's sudden appearance causes the two to end the hug. Deidara became a blushing mess.

Deidara: D?! How the hell did you....

D: It wasn't hard Deidara. All I need to do was follow the explosions. Now let's get back. Everyone is waiting for you. 

Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu was looking after Itachi. Aizawa had given him a lecture about what had happened. Kisame decided to rest for the night. She noticed that Itachi was being quiet.

Yaoyorozu: Itachi? You've been silent for some time.

Itachi: I was a fool.....I shouldn't have let him goad me into that fight! I took it too far!

Yaoyorozu: Itachi.....it wasn't your fault....

Itachi: You don't understand Momo! I could've hurt you or worse!  If I did, I wouldn't forgive myself.....

But as Itachi and Yaoyorozu had that heartfelt talk, Deidara entered the room. Itachi glared at him. Yaoyorozu got up and slapped Deidara.

Deidara: Guess I deserve that.

Itachi: What do you want?

Deidara: I wanted to say......I'm sorry. 

Yaoyorozu: Sorry?! You took that fight too far! You could've....

Deidara: Listen, I already got an earful from Kendo. I'm fully aware I took it too far. I don't expect you to forgive me. But I'm willing to move past it. What do you say?

Deidara then extended his hand to Itachi. After a moment of silence, Itachi accepted his hand.

Itachi: Agreed Deidara. 

Deidara: But know this Aiza....Itachi....my Art still surpasses your Quirk! Believe that! Hhm!

Itachi chuckled. After burying the hatchet, Deidara went to his room and rested for the night. Itachi and Deidara had buried the hatchet and both felt relieved at that. Despite his loss at the Sports Festival still stung, Deidara had at least began the first steps to move on. Meanwhile, the Disciples of Wrath had arrived at the Training Facility and noticed the explosions in the distance.

Jirobo: What the hell? 

Kidomaru: Looks like those UA kids are training. Should be fun. 

Jirobo: What are we waiting around for? Let's flatten this place! 

Tayuya: Did you already forget Wrath's orders you idiot?! We wait till the League of Villains attack and then we make our move!

Sakon: Lord Wrath wants us to acquire Itachi Aizawa. 

Jirobo: And why would Wrath bother with a brat like him?

Sakon: Lord Wrath has taken a great interest in this one. That is enough for me. Should be enough for you. The rest of.....expendable.

Jirobo let out a chuckle. He was looking forward to crushing whoever he pleased. Kidomaru relished in the challenge ahead. Sakon then gathered the Disciples.

Sakon: When the League of Villains attack, that's when we make our move. While the Heroes are busy dealing with the League, we'll move in and apprehend Itachi Aizawa. Kill anyone who gets in our way whether they be Hero of Villain. 

The Disciples of Wrath nodded in agreement of the plan. Now they waited until the League of Villains made their move on the Training Camp. While this was happening, Wrath and Kimimaro were making their way to Danzo's hideout to confront him to further Wrath's plan.