Chapter 1: Aquamarine

Alongside humans, that have been around for centuries, another race has lingered. A race of magic, a race of power, a race of complete uniqueness. As well as a race of immortality, perhaps that even they do not know of. This race, simply called the Elementals, appear to be physically human; however their culture and physical attributes are quite difficult to forget. From what humans know, the powers of an Elemental comes from one of the four key elements: fire, water, air, and earth. However, if they are blood of Royalty, they are born under a stone set by their god, the grand Crystal. Only one of each can take place of a stone a single generation, to keep balance. The stone they are born under they adopt it's color into their own physical appearance, may it be in their eyes, hair, or both. Many Royalty that are from around the world have been theorized to live far longer than expected of a normal human. The Elementals prove to be peaceful with their mortal counterparts, and with the modern world they have adapted quite well. The Elemental race proving their abilities alongside humans in job-positions, to assist, and even increase it's importance. While commonly, the lower ranks take blue collar, white collar jobs, or possibly jobs that are important to health and education. The Royalty have taken a strong spot on the political world, or positions in high power. However, a single Royal chose to stay away from that limelight. Due to her being far more unique than any other Elemental, she has been made an unlikely target, this is our heroine, and her story.

Aquamarine awakes to her alarm clock, reaching over and pushing the button as she sat up, yawning quite loudly she brings up her hand to her aqua blue colored eyes, her matching colored hair being quite long in a loose ponytail as she'd been sleeping, almost having come undone as well, she begins to push herself out of bed, wearing only a t-shirt and shorts in her small, one bedroom apartment; though very unlike others of her kind, such as the Royalty in her family, her brother and parents, she preferred a small comfortable home over a large home, with nothing or no one to share with, especially as she's a short girl, being four foot, eleven. She saw no need for such laverous things, it was easier for her to get around. Her apartment were decorated with Irish themed material. As well as some Elemental trophies. Alongside many photos of her friends and family. Stretching, as her coffee begins brewing, she turns on her tv as she heads back into the kitchen, her remote always near the living room. As she listens to the news as she makes herself a bowl of cereal, her laptop went off after she opened it. Realizing she was still logged into CHAOS, sighing she accepted the call as she sat on the stool over the counter.

On screen was two girls, two shades of pale with one being a brunette and the other black hair. They both had brown eyes and looked quite eager. The brunette spoke out first.

"Lass! Where have you been?! It's been months since we last spoke." She said scoffing a bit. Aquamarine smiled as she ate her cereal. Laughing a bit she then continued.

"I know Mandi but I'm fine. I do miss you two at home. Isn't it late for you?" Aqua asked raising a brow. Mandi rolled her eyes and the black haired female spoke.

"It's just we miss you here from Ireland, Aquamarine. I mean it's been almost two years. Did you REALLY have to move to America just to learn more on your... Gift?" Aqua moved the hair out of her eyes and sighed as she played with her spoon.

"Yes Ashley I do. No one there accepts me. So what else am I to do?" She asked as she took a glance over to the t.v, through the opening from her counter to her living room, sees a few other Royals on the screen. Something not too interesting as the t.v is much more background noise to her than anything. Scoffing a bit and turned back to the laptop.

"What was that scoff?" Mandi asked smirking, "Did something thick show up?"

"Some Royals are on the tv. No surprise there." She laughed as she finished eating her breakfast, "I got to go to class. I'll text you gals later." She waved to her friends and logged out; after cleaning up, finishing her coffee and hopping in the shower; Aqua was slowly got herself ready for her day, it being nine thirty now. As she double checks her bag, she gras the remote then looks to the t.v, recognizing someone on the screen. Letting out a loud groan and a roll of her eyes. Garnet, another Royal, on the news for something stupid again, most likely. She quickly turns the electronic off and grabs her keys and heads out. She headed to her class, not being far from campus. As she checks her wrist watch, she realizes she has time to go and possibly get something at the cafe, near her first class, but as she continued walking, suddenly someone bumps into her. Due to her small stature, the impact upon her shoulder causes her to fall completely over, barely affecting whom just bumped into her.