Chapter 6: The monster and the mystory

Todd looked quite excited to see Aquamarine with Heru as they entered the clinic. He ran over to the two and it really confused the hell out of the two. Looking around the clinic as Todd led the two in Aqua noticed quite a mix of humans and Elementals waiting to go in. Filling out forms, talking with the front desk or even just waiting. Some small families cuddling up with one another or kids playing on their tablets or even reading books. As they got inside the back area Todd had Aqua sit on the examination bed as he grabbed paperwork from a few months back. Heru crossed his arms as he stood at the doorway tilting his head.

“Want me to stay or leave?” He asked, gesturing to the hall.

Todd looked over once he pulled out the needed files as Aqua took off her jacket, “Oh no you’re fine. This is an interesting find. The incident regarding the Shadows were what.. Three months ago? I’m surprised I didn’t notice this sooner.” Aqua and Heru looked to one another puzzled as Todd pulled a chair over for Heru to sit down on and then a stool for himself. Heru hesidently sat himself down and as Todd rolled over on the stool he cleared his throat as he pushed his glasses up, “From what you told me Aquamarine that your powers are blood related correct? Well I noticed as I was studying your blood samples and DNA samples there are some odd abnormalities that build them up. It’s not even regarding the fact you’re considered a Taboo. Actually the opposite.” 

“The hell do you mean?” Aquamarine asked, “I’m obviously different from everyone else I’m okay with that.” Todd shook his head and handed the file over to Aqua. Heru looked over to Aquamarine’s shoulder looking at the paper before them. It was simply Aquamarine’s registration form for her powers. The two looked to one another again then to Todd as he turned the computer on in the room and was logging into something. He then presented the screen to the duo. On the screen was Aquamarine’s silhouette and Heru’s on the other side.

“On the contrary, power wise you are. But biologically you aren’t. Here we have the silhouette of your body Aquamarine, and yours for example officer. We concluded Elementals, especially Royalty have their essence pouch in a specific part of their body. Aqua, yours is in your uterus and officer yours is in your neck. And usually the flow of your powers as you and others know go around your entire body, every limb and every organ is run by your powers basically.”

“We knew that.” Heru rolled his eyes, “But what does that have to do with Aqua being considered a Taboo?” He asked and Todd pressed a few keys and showed the DNA strand from Aqua’s body and he smiled.

“Pretty much non-existent. Though oddly enough her parental strands are off. I think that’s because you were born to them so late it messed with your potential powers. Then again we did find even some Elemental’s parental strands of DNA can be messed up depending on which branch they fall under. But for you Aqua I did find them and you don’t exactly fall under Taboo. A Taboo as I understand is an Elemental who had fallen into disrepair and allowed themselves to become what they were born or crafted into. Aqua doesn’t fall under that category at all.”

Aquamarine looked quite relieved to hear this as she sat back with a sigh and Todd noticed this, “Thank you Todd.. This means a lot to me.” Aqua stated and Todd gave a huge grin to the blue haired female, before Todd could say anything else Heru’s walky-talky went off.

“Officer Firestone, you there?” A man’s voice was heard and Heru grabbed the walky from his hip and spoke into it as he stood up.

“This is Firestone, what’s up?” He asked and rose a curious brow to the two.

“Umm.. You may wanna come over quick. This doesn’t look good.” Heru gave a puzzled look to the voice on the other end.

“I’ll be there soon. Where is it at?” He asked as he walked out. Todd rose a brow and gestured to Aqua to join Heru.