𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍! two

" if you dare " — 🎃

"on a cold october night, two teenagers, connor and julian took their little brother, austin trick or treating. although, at that time, it had only been around sunset. originally, they wanted to go out with some friends in hopes of scaring young, innocent children as they collected candy, but their mom declared otherwise...

and so, around seven o'clock, the three brothers made their way around the neighborhood, walking past other parents with their much younger children. connor and julien, being eighteen and nineteen, and living with their parents, were the oldest kids dressed up. they felt humiliated walking around with their little brother, dressed as ninja turtles...

an hour later, they'd hit nearly every house; nearly. just down a dead end street, was the long, gravel road; the one that leads here-"

"i don't remember a bunch of ninja turtles knocking on my door." eben interrupted with sass in his tone. "because it's a legend, dumbass. it's probably fake." tate spoke, rolling her eyes at the blond. "just let me tell the goddamn story."

"years ago, before the forest thickened, the gravel road we know was split into two parts. one leading here, one leading to an old, rickety house. they walked slowly, hesitant to follow the rocks as it was nearing dusk. they've always been told by their mother to never go into the forest, and soon they'd know why...

although they were scared, they stayed persistent. curiosity got the best of them, and so, they walked along. connor and julian walked side by side, heavy bags of candy clutched in their hands. connor's free hand held austin's small one, keeping his little brother close by-"

"aw, at least they kept the little boy safe." corbyn awed, his voice soft and sweet as the fire cast a glow behind him. "that's what you think." jack stated with a smirk, watching in amusement as the blond shuffled closer into daniel's side, his face paling.

"they walked, and walked, and walked until they came up upon a house; this house in fact. the house of hickory lane. quite a historical house might i add. that's how we know it. but there's another. the houses of hickory lane. they knocked on the door after dodging the sticky cobwebs that lined the porch. the house had been vacant for years. this is, until eben came-"

"don't tell me there's of a bunch of dead ninja turtles living in my basement." eben groaned, nervous laughs emitting from the others. "no, they're not. but, you'll see why soon."

"after deciding nobody had been home (which was quite underwhelming), the boys began walking back down the path towards the rest of the neighborhood. before they could reach the end of the street, julian stopped. "let's try that house." he spoke. little austin, who was beginning to get tired, tugged connor's hand, forcing him to continue walking.

"not this year, j." connor spoke, lifting austin into his arms, the small seven year old laying his head upon his older brother's shoulder. "you guys are no fun." julian whined, kicking the gravel beneath his feet. "if you wanna go so badly, go. i'm taking austin back to go to sleep." the two bickered back and forth, but found their way back to the neighborhood..."

"well, that was an underwhelming story." evie spoke with a shrug, shuffling upon the couch before she laid her head upon zach's shoulder. the brunet sent her a small smile before turning back to jack. "i'm not done! quit interrupting!"

"later that night after everyone in the neighborhood was asleep, julian wandered into connor's room. he shook connor awake, almost begging him to go back to the odd looking house. after a few minutes, connor got fed up and reluctantly agreed to go. they left with nothing but flashlights and their phones, which wouldn't be much help in the long run...

they snuck out of their house, tip toeing quietly behind the couch where their father had fallen asleep. they walked towards the end of the road, coming face to face with the gravel path once more. "there's probably bears out here. if we get eaten, i blame you." connor spoke. he was a funny one alright, but his humor would soon falter...

they walked up the path until they found where the path split into two. "i cant even see the house anymore." connor mumbled, the night fog seemed to be getting thicker, but their curiosity couldn't be stopped now. they continued to walk, barely able to see five feet in front of them...

they made it safely towards the house. it was quite large, not much bigger than here. connor, who didn't want to be there, pushed julian up the stairs first, the wood beneath him giving out. the wood snapped under his weight, luckily only being the first step. he stepped out carefully with the help of connor, continuing his way up the steps...

the two fought in a whisper, arguing the other should be the one to knock. connor won, as he argued he only came for julian. and so, julian knocked three times. knock, knock, knock. but there was no answer. "trick or treat!" he yelled, voice echoing through the forest. connor punched him in the arm, emitting a yelp from julian...

"we're not here to trick or treat! and clearly, they're not here to give us candy!" connor yelled in a whisper, afraid the slightest noise may attract an animal, or worse. suddenly, the door creaked open, even though the golden door knob hadn't been touched. it was open just slightly, a small light casting a soft glow..."

"don't tell me they're stupid enough to go in." jonah groaned, bored of jack's fairytale. "it wouldn't be a legend if there wasn't a stupid one." the curly haired boy shrugged, casting a look at zach.

"curiously, julian took a closer look. he peaked around the door, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the light. nothing. "let's go, nobody's home." connor stared at julian with wide eyes. he argued, begging his brother not to go in. but, he gave in. and that would be his first mistake that night. the second? you'll see...

they crept in, being met with a small table against a wall. a dusty picture frame consisting of an old family hung upon the wall, eyes glaring into theirs. a shiver ran down their back as they looked around. and bang!"

gabbie screamed, huddling closer into jack's side. jack laughed as his eyes scanned the room. daniel held corbyn tightly, their position now changed. daniel sat up whilst corbyn laid back against his chest. evie clutched zach tightly, his hands wrapped around her waist. jonah and tate clutched pillows for their chests, and eben sat with a bored expression.

"the door shut behind them, locking them in. their hearts raced, but attempted to remain calm for eachother. they began hearing whispers, voices in their heads, controlling their thoughts and every move. connor dialed 911 with shaky hands, but couldn't get a signal. he wanted to scream, but soon screams would be the only sound...

the next morning, two innocent teenagers were found dead. on halloween night, connor and julien lost their lives to something much greater than them. as police investigated the scene, they ruled it out as a murder-suicide, as nobody else had been found. but as they left, they missed the small note on the door, placed by a man with patience, that read, enter if you dare."