𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍! six

" a glimpse into the past " — 🎃

corbyn's body shook with fright as tears slipped down his strawberry reddened cheeks. his eyes were shut ever so tightly, hands gripping the back of daniel's hoodie. he gasped and choked and cried. daniel whispered sweet nothings into his ear with a tremble in his own voice, a tear slipping every so often.

the others stood frozen with fear. nobody could talk or even think to move. evie, who clamped her hand over her mouth finally snapped. she ran towards the small door, pounding on the harsh metal and using her fragile fingers in attempt to pry it open. she cried terribly, choking over unintelligible words. nobody stepped in to stop her; they couldn't bring themselves to.

as the metal door slammed against the wall, evie through herself into it, eyes blurry with tears. although, unlike zach, she hadn't been swept away by the unknown. instead, a hard, brick wall stood in her way. "fuck! take me, god! take me with him!" she cried, screams erupting from her throat. her throat burned, coughing up blood at times.

"evie, calm down. please." jonah pleaded, moving slowly towards her. the brunet was on the floor, sobbing. her knees were tucked into her chest, hair matted and tangled as her fingers tugged through it. "no, i need to be with him. i need- i need to go. kill me." she cried, standing up shakily upon her two legs. her knees wobbled, stumbling towards the kitchen.

daniel, corbyn, gabbie, jack, eben, tate, and jonah could only watch in horror. daniel kept corbyn wrapped in his arms, shielding his eyes from the sight. "evie, no. you'll be okay, we all will." jonah reasoned, letting out shaky breaths as he took small steps. convincing both himself and the others was hard, especially now that one was gone. it was life or death.

"kill me, jonah. do it now before i do it myself!" evie rummaged through the old wooden drawers, finding a butchers knife hidden beneath other utensils. "evie, stop!" gabbie cried, holding onto jack tightly. "kill me god damnit!" she yelled, losing her patience. that's all it took to plunge the knife into her chest, crimson dripping from the wound.

she fell back with a thud, eyes wide open. specks of fear glimmered in her eyes, but there was something else. peace. she felt at peace now, being with the one she loved most. "i couldn't- i tried, i swear." jonah's voice shook, his own tears finally falling. tate wrapped her arms around him, allowing him to cry into her shoulder. "i know, i know. there's nothing we can do. she's happy now, jo." tate comforted, her hand rubbing down his back as she held back her tears.

eben leaned up against a wall, taking deep breaths as he thought about what had just happened in only a mere few minutes. "we- we gotta leave." he croaked, lifting his head from the wall. his heart raced as he looked around the room, eyes catching a glimpse of the open door, rough brick wall behind it.

"the door is locked, what do we do?" gabbie asked softly, trembling hands gripping the material of jack's jacket. a deafening silence took over the group, the only thing heard being the slow drip of blood dropping to the wooden floor. their hearts were heavy with grief and uneasiness. they felt as if they were being watched every second, shivers crawling up their spines.

"i'm scared." corbyn whispered, hands clasped beneath his chin as his body shook against daniel's. his lips quivered as his breathing shook. daniel tried his very best to comfort the blond, but he didn't have any words to speak. they were all going to die whether they liked it or not. "you'll be okay, love. i- i'll keep you safe." they drowned out the voices of the others, focusing on eachother.

his thumb caressed the clothed skin of corbyns back, resting his chin over the fluffy blond locks. "who will keep you safe?" the light whimper passing corbyn's pale lips caused daniel's heart to break. he held his boyfriend closer to his chest, his own chest rising and falling unevenly as he fought the burning in his throat. he need to keep his tears away.

"don't think about that, honey. we'll be just fine." daniel held in a pained gasp as he blinked his eyes. "it's okay to cry, dani." corbyn whispered, planting a gentle kiss over the brunet's exposed collarbone. "i know, love. i'm trying to be strong for you." corbyn didn't say anything, only allowing daniel to hold him, never wanting him to let go.

"just fucking throw something at it!" jack suddenly yelled, forcing corbyn and daniel's attention onto the others. gabbie stood behind jack, lightly gripping the material of his hoodie. "what the fuck do you want me to throw?" eben exclaimed, an exasperated look on his face. "just- throw something goddamn!" jack shoved gabbie away, stepping past the body on the floor with a grimace.

he picked up an old wooden chair, throwing it with a grunt. it bounced off the window, falling to the floor beneath it. "how'd that fucking work for you?" eben rolled his eyes, crossing his arm over the other. "got a better idea, frankewitz?" the curly haired boy challenged, stepping closer

"yeah, i do." eben's eyes darkened, shoving jack's shoulders with great force. the shorter stumbled back, keeping the same infuriated face. "guys- this isn't the time. we should be working together, not- eben!" tate exclaimed, watching as jack was pushed once more, being thrown against the glass. a piece of glass managed to break, falling onto jack's shoulder.

too weak to stand, jack's head fell forward in pain. the piece of glass slid down the side of his exposed neck, leaving a trail of blood to begin to drip. "eben, stop! shit, jack." jonah exclaimed, attempting to move closer to the boy who was beginning to lose so much blood. "don't you fucking move." eben's low voice spoke.

jonah backed up, putting his hands into the air. tate watched on with dear, holding gabbie into her side. the curly haired girl cried into tate's shoulder, afraid of what may come. "now, frantzich. you wanna be all tough guy, so why don't we take a glimpse into the past?"