𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍! three

" on halloween night " — 🎃

"i'm not sleeping tonight." corbyn breathed, cuddling further into daniel's body. the fireplace had been shut off long ago, as the warmth had been becoming too much on the cloth of daniel's back. "i'll be right beside you, love." daniel smiled, placing a kiss over corbyn's fluffy blond locks.

"i'm with you on that one, corbs." gabbie spoke, reaching out for a high five. "i didn't find it scary at all." eben smiled with a roll of his eyes. "you're all just scaredy-cats." the room went silent until eben jumped off the couch with a loud scream, turning around abruptly to see jonah, who had just returned from the bathroom. "bitch." he muttered, collapsing back onto the soft couch.

the group's laughter died down in just a few minutes, the wind howling from the outside. "so- did you just come up with that story?" gabbie wondered, opening her phone to allow some light into the room. jack shook his head, leaning back into the couch with her almost attached to his hip. "it was an old family legend. my grandfather used to tell it to us every halloween."

"so you're telling me, that your grandfather told you that for years, and i just happened to move into the house next door?" eben asked in disbelief, the others watching with interest. "pretty much. i wasn't planning on telling you you basically live next to a haunted house." the curly haired boy shrugged, his fingers twirling the brown curls of gabbie's hair.

"how did we never notice the house back there? we've been here so many times and i still have yet to see it." corbyn spoke softly, fingers fiddling with the strings of his hoodie. "the forest grew over the path because nobody drives by. if i'm being honest, i haven't seen it either." jack hummed.

"so how do we know you're not making this up?" evie asked, furrowing her eyebrows. tate hummed in agreement, taking a handful of popcorn from the bowl in front of her. "exactly, what if it's fake?" daniel asked from behind corbyn. "what if we looked ourselves?" zach exclaimed, arising from his seat on the couch.

"you're a fucking idiot if you think that's a good idea." jonah spoke, rolling his eyes. zach placed small pout on his face, shrinking back into the warmth of the couch. "i mean... it will give us something to do rather than trick or treating." evie shrugged, intertwining her zach's hands. next to them, tate slid closer to jonah, now sitting shoulder to shoulder. he sent her small smile, her heart melting at the sight.

"this could be exciting." she spoke quietly, only jonah being able to hear her voice. "yes, but we could also get killed." he rolled his eyes playfully, receiving a hit on the shoulder. "with a mindset like that, you will get killed." she laughed, shifting her gaze to the others who had been arguing like children.

"nuh-uh." corbyn spoke with a shake of his head, eyes narrowed at zach and evie. "yuh-huh." the short brunet spoke from the couch, slowly moving closer as if he were a cat getting ready to pounce at its prey; a small mouse. "children, shut up." eben groaned, annoyed by the constant bickering between those two. corbyn stuck his tongue out at zach, ending the small feud.

"i think we should go." jack spoke once everyone had quieted down, gabbie's eyes widening in surprise. "what- you're joking!" she exclaimed, sitting up straight, body tense. "think about it!" he spoke, eyes scanning the rest of his friends. "i'm thinking about it and i'm positive it will end badly!" she exclaimed with a cry.

"if we're smart about it, maybe it'll be fun. like, like a haunted house." corbyn thought aloud, voice soft under the howling of the wind. daniel only peered down at his boyfriend in admiration. he was head over heels for the blond and would do anything to keep him happy; but if it meant danger, he was totally against it.

"mm, i don't know, bud." daniel hummed uneasily, arms tightening around corbyn's petite waist. "please! it'll be something new! we won't have to torture little kids by scaring them." corbyn argued, shifting around under daniel's grasp. eben, who sat quietly, spoke; "i don't know, i'm interested in finding some ninja turtles." he shrugged.

"shut up about the ninja turtles, eben." tate groaned, unconsciously placing her head upon jonah's shoulder. "how about this; tomorrow, on halloween night, we go check out the house." jack stated, pulling his phone from his pocket. a few agreed, while others had been against it. gabbie, jonah, daniel, and zach were iffy about the idea, not wanting to be in harm's way.

however, corbyn, evie, jack, eben, and tate knew it'd be an experience that would never be forgotten. well— unless nothing interesting would happen. "let's take a vote. raise your hands if you want to go to the vacant house." jack smiled, raising his hand as he spoke. four other hands arose, four staying down.

"hah, we win! majority vote!" corbyn exclaimed with a happy smile. from behind him, daniel rolled his eyes, placing a kiss over the boy's temple. "then you're staying with me." he mumbled.

the time seemed to be growing late, almost reaching midnight. "my mom wants me home soon, but i guess i'll see you tomorrow. tate, want a ride?" jonah wondered, arising from his seat on the couch. she nodded with a small smile, taking the brunet's hand and walking towards the door.

"lovesick fools."