Rare love

Mermaids are rare.

Soulmates are rare.

Both?

1/10.

Me I am both and today I am destined to meet my Soulmate. My Mark sits on my left collarbone shape of a purple crystal.

Incomplete.

Only completed when Soulmates meet.

I decide to go swim with some of the dolphins and see if Pearl (dolphin friend) wants to go explore,after.

Explore sunken pirate ships it is a lot of fun.

Pearl doesn't like it but comes with to makes sure I don't do anything dumb or get hurt. Pearl greeted me as soon as got to them as did the little ones they were energetic today.

Pearl mind-link me and told me that the Prince Kim Taeyhung and his six friends were going out today to find his Soulmate. It send fear right through me.

What if I'm not good enough?

Or he rejects me?

I closed my eyes and took calming breaths to calm my racing heart. Pearl nudged my arm, eyes opening and locking with her worried ones.

I smiled and patted her head in reassure and she turned back to happy in a second. She and I decided to swim for a bit and greet other sea creatures before heading to the ships and lastly to town centre.

Oh and mermaids can communicate with sea creatures through mind-link and empathy to calm them and assure them that they aren't in harm's way.

I twirl beside Pearl who decides to the same before she giggles in my head and rush out in front of me. I gasp in fake shock/hurt before moving my tail to match her pace and possibly go past her.

I laugh as I went past her, I looked behind me to see she had frozen and was looking at something behind me.

In fear.

I turned around slowly eyes widening in shock when I saw other mermen. But what freaked me out was that it was Ateez.

They were banished for killing Prince Taeyhung's sister.

They're supposed to be dead.

I swam back slowly before whipping around all the while telling Pearl to get someone I'll distract them.

I swam to my right and immediately they cackled and followed. I flapped my tail more to give myself more speed and veered to the left around a boulder.

"Little girl we won't hurt you!" Hongjoong called out sounding close before Seonghwa added, "not much anyway!"

I closed my eyes and asked Pearl to hurry and she said they're on their way. I hid myself in a ruined ship. Like very low and tried to catch my breath while listening for them.

"Come out little girl we want the Prince to pay for banish us!" Called San voice cold I shivered and peered through a broken window.

And locked eyes with the Prince.

He placed his finger to his lips meaning I had to stay quite. I nodded and moved back to my hiding area.

"There you are."

I spun to face Jongho before I could move or escape he had pulled to where the others were faced off with the Prince, his friends and Pearl.

Prince Taeyhung's gaze harden when he saw holding me and me trying to get away.

"Leave her out of this Hongjoong."

Growled….I think Yoongi and Pearl was trying to calm me because there was crazy people and my Soulmate/Prince there.