Chapter 12

I make my way into the lift and press the main lobby button. I wipe my hands up and down my thighs, push my hair back and straighten my shoulders. The lift made my stomach feel heavy but I'm positive that's the butterfly's swarming and flying around. The bell goes of and I glance at my reflection, the doors slowly slide open, I spot Jace on the second sofa far away, he's typing away at his phone and he looks handsome as ever. Even in a simple shirt and black jeans. Was I overdressed, I look down at my appearance and shrug. I glance back up at him and he's already staring. He had this twinkle in his eyes and stare of...shock, admiration?

He quickly shuts his phone off and stumbles up on his two feet. I swallow down my nerves and make my way to meet him. We both meet feet together and we're both staring into each other's eyes. He blows out a breath, "Samantha Anderson, you are a real beauty." He gleams and looks at me up and down. Did he seriously just say that?

"Jace Hart, you really are a handsome devil." I laugh. He lets out a cocky smirk. "I know." I gentle shove him with my shoulder.

"Oh, we don't have a reservation, how are we going to get in." I say with a glum face. "Don't worry cutie."
"But...we need a rese—

"Trust me?" He holds out his arm. I give him my best devil eyes as in 'do I have any other choice'. Like he read my mind. "Nope!" He said whilst swiftly moving us to a waiter at the opening of the fancy restaurant in the hotel.

We walked hand in hand and I can feel his strong muscles holding me up. The smart looking waiter looked up and smiled professionally at the both off us. "Ahh Jace Hart, you can't get enough of us can you?" He said gracefully. "No I can't Marcel, this is...Samantha Anderson." Jace said, pausing to say who I was or like he was confused to who I was to him. The waiter smiled down at me and took my hand up to his lips and ever so gently placed a kiss. If it was somebody else I would probably off cringed but, he felt like a brother or father figure kinda man. On the other hand...Jace seemed to have pulled me even closer to him. "Marcel, the best view you have and bring the chicest bottle you have in your cellar." He ordered quickly. "Certainly Mr Hart, come right this way." He said sheepishly.

Jace ordered me to go first but kept me close, his hand was at the base off my back and we followed Marcel through the tables and chairs. A couple of people's eyes followed us around the room...more Jace though. Was he well known around here? I know he has his fight here but, it's not everyone's cup of tea? We came to a table but that wasn't what I was looking at, the view was beautiful and the lights of the city lit up the sky.

 Was he well known around here? I know he has his fight here but, it's not everyone's cup of tea? We came to a table but that wasn't what I was looking at, the view was beautiful and the lights of the city lit up the sky

The sky's horizon lit up the dark room including my eyes. I felt Jace's presence beside me, his eyes wondering across my face and staring at every single detail. I turn to look up at him and he was looking down at me with a uncanny, mystifying look. "What?" I laugh. He looks down and gently shakes his head with a low, sexy laugh. "Nothing missy, come on let's order I'm starving." He cheekily grins like a monkey, I nod my head in agreement. He pulls me chair out and I scoff, "Why are you acting like a gentleman?" I asked out of curiosity. Jace was rather an ass to me or...kind or at least tolerable.