Chapter 1

I am sorry if this gets weird or boring. Just tell me in the comments what I should change or start doing. I won't be offended at all, promise! Plus, this is my first story. Also, as far as I can tell, this entire story will be in Blair's point of view. This story has some mild swearing in it. 

– your author

P.S This story is also available on Tumblr, FF, Ao3, Webnovel and Inkitt. 

-Prologue-

If you saw my family you wouldn't see anything abnormal, and that's what we want you to see. My name is Blair Mikeals, and my family has superpowers. I've never used them in public, but my parents have. They used to be Titan and Electris. But, most people only know of them as myths told by parents to make children feel safe. Little do they know, the myths aren't really myths. My dad was the invincible Titan with his super strength and invulnerability. My mom was Electris with her electricity manipulation. But, now they are Anna and Max Mikeals, parents of teenage twins! I know, quite the demotion. I have a twin brother named Jax and we both have powers, too. We are 16 years old. We came up with out own superhero names when we were kids. I'm Frostbite and he is Phoenix. If you can't figure out our powers from the names, I have cold and ice manipulation and he has fire and heat manipulation. He can make fire appear and I can make ice appear, both through our hands or on something. I know, we are complete opposites when it comes to our powers. We are juniors at Apple Valley High. We act like completely normal teenagers with completely normal teenage problems.

-End Prologue-

"Blair! Stop!" I heard in the distance, "Get control of yourself!"

I shot up. I looked around my room. It was covered in ice and my hair was white.

"I'm sorry, mom" I said.

"It's ok," she told me, "Just, have your brother melt it before you go to school. And try to practice getting control over this. I don't think you want this happening at school, do you?"

"Got it," I said.

I rolled out of bed. My room was connected to Jax's by a bathroom, so I just went through and told him to melt the ice. He did. (I know, vague!) I got dressed for school. Today I decided to wear a mint colored loose cropped shirt, jeans, and leather lace-up boots. I put some mascara on, but that's it on makeup. I'm not really into that kind of thing. I went to the mirror to put my hair into a french-braid, but when I got there, I realized my hair was still white and my eyes were still white/blue. (Picture a younger Killer Frost, basically)

"Crap!" I exclaimed.

I quickly turned it back to the light brown of my normal hair color. Then, I braided it. When I picked up my phone, I saw the time. It was 7:45! I was going to be late!

"Jax, lets go!" I yelled on my way down the stairs.

Once I got to the bottom step, I felt a hot burn on my shoulder.

"Ow! Jax, I am going to kill you!" I yelled when I saw him to my right with his hand on fire. I could feel my eyes and hair changing already. Great! 

"Easy there snowflake, just having some fun. Chill out!" He said with his hands up in defense.

"Really? CHILL OUT!" I yelled with cold mist coming out of my mouth.