Chapter 18

Look, before you bite my head off, just listen to me, ok? I was waiting for my school to finally be over, and now it is, so I'm writing a chapter. This one will probably be the last REAL chapter, but I'm thinking about writing an epilogue, so...look out for that coming soon! 

I have some exciting news! I became a beta reader, and I already have someone wanting my help! You may have noticed that my chapters have some mistakes, and that's because I hate rereading my own work. I just end up completely changing my storyline. Anyway, thanks for more than 100 readers! I hope this long chapter makes up for the short last one. 

IMPORTANT! READ THIS!:  Any movie and tv show recommendations? That's it! Happy reading!

– your author

Our friends were so scared that we would disappear again that they refused to leave. I didn't have it in me to kick them out. In all honesty, I really didn't want to. Having them here is a reassurance that everything is over; we are safe now.

They were even refusing to let us out of their sights, so we decided to sleep in the living room for the night. Our parents wanted to keep up the appearance that we were back in town, so we had to go to school tomorrow. We were given strict instructions to keep to ourselves for a while. We needed to give the rumors time to die out. If they die out at all. We might just end up as the town's conspiracy topic. We just have to make sure that the conspiracies stay conspiracies. 

I was the first one to wake up. When I did, I saw something that I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting: Lucas and Lux cuddling.

"When did THAT happen?!" I asked with a smirk.

"Wha? Oh. Well, you see–" Lucas started.

"While you were gone. It makes me sick to be in the same ROOM as them nowadays," Lucy answered for me before Lucas could started explaining.

I didn't even realize she had woken up.

"Took you guys long enough," I said, unsure of what else to say to that.

Before they could say anything to that, I started again. It was 7:30, so we needed to start getting ready for what I'm sure is going to be a horrible school day. "We need to get up. Lucy, Lux, and Caitlin can borrow some of my clothes, and Cole and Lucas can borrow some of Jax's, ok?" I said, standing up.

"Great! Can I wear your jacket?" Lucy asked, already running upstairs ahead of the rest of us. 

I just rolled my eyes and followed her up there. The others weren't that far behind us. 

It was hard, but I kept their little closet shopping spree inside the ten-minute time limit. I made sure that our clothes weren't too conspicuous; we don't need to give our classmates another excuse to stare. 

I decided on a simple teal crop-top, black jeans, black boots, and my black leather jacket. My hair was in a fishtail braid, resting on my shoulder. I only put on mascara and lipgloss for makeup. Khione's the one who likes a full glam. Hell, she wouldn't have a choice if she didn't want to! The makeup just appears on our face when we change. Luckily for me, it disappears when we change back. 

It's weird, saying WE now. I used to always think of us as two separate people who were stuck to each other forever. I guess now that we've fully bonded together, it's more