Chapter 17

Hey! I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate all the readers I have. Also, I want to let you know that this story is now also on FanFiction and Archive of Our Own. I really hope I get this chapter out there soon because school is just so exhausting that I don't get any inspiration to write during weekdays. I know this chapter has some weak points, but give me a break! I wrote this on little sleep! Also, you guys need to understand my lack of fight scene writing abilities. Also, the meme at the top is SO true, right? Let me know what you think of this story by leaving a comment! That's all! Happy reading!

- your author

Jonathan was standing in front of a small army of guards. He had a smug look on his face, like he thought he had already won. That just made me HAVE to beat him up! 

"Give up now, and we won't hurt you... that bad," Jonathan told us, smiling at the end. 

"Are those the only options cuz' I think I know one more," I said, starting to form ice on my hands.

"Blair? People could see," Jax said, giving me a meaningful look.

I guess we were in a parking lot. Even if it was employee-only lot, there's still a risk of someone seeing our powers. That would just bring more people like Mr. Moore. 

"Guess we'll just have to do this old school," I muttered, preparing for a fight. 

"Attack," Jonathan ordered, stepping back and letting his goons fight for him like a coward.

It became instinct. I had to hold back on using my powers, but years of hand-to-hand combat training came in real handy. Every punch, kick, and hit flowed together. All I was focused on what getting to Mr. Moore. He was standing in the back watching us fight.

Soon enough, the was just one guard left standing, the one that had been assigned to protect Jonathan. I saw fear in the way the goon was holding himself. He didn't want to be here, but he was ordered to fight us, so he would do just that. He probably used to be a soldier or something. The trained eye sees all, as some would say. 

"Do you really want to do this?" dad asked the guard as we all stood next to each other. 

The guy seemed to contemplate it for a second, and then he ran, "Hell no! This is NOT what I signed-up for!"

I actually laughed at that, "Not as loyal as you thought, huh Jonathan?"

His answer to me was him grabbing a cattle rod from a fallen guard. He held it up with a shaky hand. Did he really think that was going to scare me? If anything, it made me even angrier. 

"He's mine," I said, giving a look to my family. 

They backed away. When I'm this serious about something, nothing will get in my way. I wasn't going to use my powers, but I was going to teach this douchebag a lesson that he can never forget. 

"Don't. Ever. Touch. My family. Again," I gave him a punch to the jaw with each word. 

He had already fallen to the ground by then. He was so close to passing-out, but I refused to let him not feel the pain. The dark part of me that yearned for him to pay was shining through. 

To seal the deal, I gave him a hard kick 'where the sun don't shine'. He deserves more, but I wouldn't waste my energy on him. 

"Ready to go home?" Mom asked with a smile.