Chapter 2 - Caught Slippin'

"Yo! I can't believe those pendejos tried us like that yeah

"Yo! I can't believe those pendejos tried us like that yeah." Lay was going off. Ali looked at her and nodded. "I know right."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever, they ain't shit."

We walked down the street to the bodega. Ali opened the door and we walked in behind her. We walked around looking at some snacks to take home. Ali looked at me, "I can't lie though, Santi could get it."

Lay laughed, "Ha! Bitch you're right. Them Santos is some bitches, but they fine though."

I picked up some candy, "I guess."

Lay snapped her head in my direction. "Bitch! You know damn well you been crushing on Spooky's ass for forever."

I shook my head, "Nah, Fuck him." I smiled a little.

Ali came back over with a handful of chips. "Fuck Santos!"

We all laughed.

We walked up to the counter and placed our stuff down to pay for it. "Is that all for you girl?" Pedro, the owner, asked us.

I nodded. "Yeah Pedro. That's it."

Lay lifted her shades to look at Pedro. "Yo Pedro? Them pinche prophets been over here fucking with you again?"

He shook his head, "Not since you girls handled that for me. I appreciate that again."

I smiled at him. "It was nothing. Anytime."

Ali grabbed our bags. "See ya Pedro." 

"See you girls."

We walked outside. "Okay girls. I'll get up with y'all tomorrow."

Lay hugged me, "Love you puta."

I giggled, "Love y'all too."

Ali turned to walk with Lay. "See you tomorrow Gabby."

I turned around and looked at the walk ahead of me. Fuck, it's already dark now. I'll be straight, I'll take the shortcut behind Pedro's store.

I started walking. Once I got behind the store I noticed the alley was dark as fuck tonight. I think somebody knocked out the light back here. Whatever. I kept walking and then heard a bottle roll and I quickly turned around. "Who's there?"

No answer. I frowned. Let me stop being a punk. I turned around and was standing face to face with two prophets. Fuck.

"Well, well, well. What we got here?" 

"What do you want Latrell?" I rolled my eyes at him.

The other Santo walked up behind me. "Shit, we heard it was you and those other Sueñas bitches who burned down our stash house."

I shook my head, still mugging Latrell. "Nah. That wasn't us."

Latrell got in my face. "Lying bitch! We know it was y'all! One of you dumb bitches left a hello kitty sucker on the ground in front of the house."

"How you know a kid didn't drop it?"

"It had lipstick on the stick."

I sucked my teeth, "So what if it was us huh? The fuck y'all gonna do to prove it?"

Latrell and the other Prophet, Cane, looked at each other and smiled.

Oh hell no. I threw my bag on the ground and turned to run. As soon as I did they grabbed me and threw me to the ground. They started kicking me ruthlessly. All I could do was ball up my body in hopes that they wouldn't fuck me up too bad.

Cane grabbed at my backpack on my back. "What's in here huh?"

There was no way I was going to let him run my pack. Fuck that. I grabbed my knife out of my sock and sliced him on his arm. "Fucking bitch! She cut me!"

He backed up looking at his cut.

"Oh so you like to play dirty?" Latrell grabbed a fistful of my hair and slammed me down on the pavement. He pushed me down on my stomach.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I kicked and struggled as much as I could, but I was in so much pain from where they kicked me. My ribs felt like they were on fire.

"Yeah, we teach little bitches like you how to stay in your place." Latrell said pushing up my skirt and ripping off my panties.

"You're fucking dead! I swear on Los Sueñas!" I didn't want to, but I started crying. I kicked and squirmed under the weight of his body some more.

"Stop moving bitch!"

He slammed my head down on the pavement. The impact was so strong my vision went blurry. Everything around me began to fade. Everything kept going in and out. I thought I heard another voice but I completely blacked out after that.