Chapter 5 - Fragile

Oscar

Oscar

The front door opened up. 

"What up mano?" Cesar said sitting his book bag down. I nodded at him. "Hey Cesar."

He looked at me. "What's wrong? Why aren't you out front hanging with the Santos? Where are all the Santos?"

"I told them to go home."

"Why?"

Just then Gabriella stumbled around the corner in my shirt and basketball shorts. She looked up and saw Cesar. "Oh hey, Cesar."

Crazy how she hated my guts and hated the Santos but she was always so nice to Cesar. Probably because she used to help babysit him at her abuela's house a lot. Cesar smiled at her. "Hey Gabby!"

He went to hug her. But she put her hands up to stop him. "What's wrong?"

"Some prophets...." I started talking but she cut me off. "Got the best of me."

Cesar got mad. "Who? I'll fuck them up!"

Gabby shook her head. "No you won't. I got it." She walked over and sat on one of the stools at the kitchen counter. I looked over at her. "You hungry?"

Cesar smiled. "Hell yeah."

"Gabby. Not you fool."

Gabriella laughed a little but immediately grabbed her side.

"You want me to wrap up your ribs now?"

She nodded her head. I handed Cesar a spoon. "Cesar, watch the sauce on the stove." He nodded. "Okay." 

I went into the bathroom and grabbed the wrap and some icy hot. I came back and put the items on the counter next to Gabby. "You have to lift your shirt okay?" She nodded her head and raised her shirt. I clenched my jaw when I saw what they had done to her. It pissed me off more than I expected it to. "This will hurt some okay?"

"Okay."

I rubbed some of the icy hot on her stomach and her ribs.

Gabriella

The icy hot felt good as he rubbed it on me. I looked over him while he did it so I wouldn't make any eye contact. He was so gentle as he rubbed it in.