Chapter 2

Aerasume POV

Why are there elves here? They are bloodthirsty creatures I hear. And bullies. The only time we interact with them is when we go to market once a month. It's neutral ground and no one can be harmed. They turn and see me, curse it! now I can't run away.

My aunt sees me and give me a bright smile. " Aerasume my darling," she said and pull me into a tight hug.

After a moment of me looking at her silently she said, " this is King Aeason of Aelasar and his guards."

I keep my head down not wanting to meet the most feared beings on the planet.

I only say, " how do you do," then courtesy.

"Well," my aunt said, clearing her throat. " He would like to take you to his palace to work."

"What!, no auntie please, I don't want to leave. These men are strangers, how you know they won't enslave me like did the others, we all heard the stories!."

We heard the stories about dark ones wandering into elven forest and never to be seen again.

One of his guards snickers and I look over at him. They are all beautiful. They have pale white skin. A major contrast to my black skin. They have white or brown hair, some have black and red. I still haven't looked at the king because I'm afraid. He's so big.

"Look at me," he growls speaking for the first time.

I look up at him and fall into a small trance. His eyes are so beautiful they are not shaped like the other elves and they are a maroon color. I break the trance and try to plead with him.

"Pray King Aeason, don't take me from my village. You wouldn't want me as a slave, I talk too much about nothing, have you seen my quarters, I don't clean and I'm a horrible cook. I only know my herbs please."

"You won't be my slave. You'll be my mistress."

My delicate ears can't take anymore, I lose consciousness.

When I come to, my aunt is patting my face with a cold wet rag. " Oh auntie I had this dream," I didn't finish. I cut my eyes to the side and saw the devils in my dreams. Suddenly the front door is thrown open. " What the devil is going on here."

I run to him and throw my arms around him. " They are trying to take me away Hershel!." Suddenly Hershel is away from me and pinned against the wall by an invisible force. His body bends in pain. Then he's on the ceiling, then he's thrown around.

I know exactly who's doing it. I ran to him. " Please put him down."

"He touched you, I'm tired of him touching you."

Hershel screamed.

I scream also and on instinct I touch his arms. " Please he's my friend, he's all I have left."

"Friend," he said it like it's foreign to him.

"Yes friend, please put him down."

Hershel dropped to the ground. I ran to him.

"Come or he dies."

"No please! he's going off world soon, don't hurt him."

I start crying because I might really have to leave with this monster to protect Hershel.

I have one card left in my favor. "King Aeason two years ago I was walking home late one night and I was forced into coupling, see I'm damaged goods, no one wants me."

It got quiet while everyone processed that. He growled, " have you been with anyone else."

I'm confused, " n..noo my lord of course not."

"Well then let's go," he said, grabbing my hand.

"N-nooo!."

"Aerasume!!," yelled Hershel.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pouch of coins getting ready to give it to my auntie. I become angry at that. She will profit from me no longer.

I snatched my hand from him and stood my ground. I lifted my chin and In a controlled voice I said," I have some demands."

"Demands!," the king yells. "You do know that I can drag you from here."

"Yes, but I will go willing and I will not try to escape."

"You were going to try."

"As soon as your head was turned and I'm a fast runner. Please I don't have many. I want nothing for myself. Please give the coin to Hershel, he's going off world to a treatment center and needs it."

"The devil you say," said my aunt, advancing towards me.

I take a step toward the elves. "You will profit from me no longer."

She said, " King Aeason you can't agree to this."

His voice boom, " who are you to tell me what I can't agree to," he said, throwing the pouch to Hershel.

"One more thing," I run off to my garden and grab some herbs and plants that I had started growing in a pot and my coin pouch. I walked back through the door and threw that pouch at him also.

"No Aerasume I can't take all of this."

"Hershel, just remember your promise to me," I said, starting to cry, I ran to him and hugged him. Seconds later I'm snatched away into the king arms.

"You are no longer allowed to touch anyone but me," said the king.

I drop my eyes, " yes your majesty."

I gather my things and get ready to walk out. Out of nowhere my hair is pulled and my auntie calls me a whore while hitting me. I scream. I can't do anything because my arms are full of my herbs.

King Aeason grab her arm and break it. She falls on the ground in pain and I still want to go to her and help her, she's the only family I have left.

King Aeason said, " never touch what is mine."

I get into the buggy and he gets on his arroch and we're off. After minutes of traveling we meet up with his other guards and one is a lord.

I say, "excuse me my lord."

He turned to look at me, " my name is Cain."

I nod, " can I please ride your extra arroch, this buggy is uncomfortable."

He looks over at the king and he nods.

"We call them horses and yes you can."

I nod, " horses okay got it."

"She's in a foul mood today."

"No worries, animals love me, I'll take a look," I climb from the buggy before the curse thing even stops moving.

I walk up to her slowly. " Hello girly I hear you're feeling awful today," I said rubbing her. I look into her pain filled eyes, she hurts. Right away I start searching for something that's causing her pain. I lift her hooves. Nothing. I stand back up and look her over. Then I see it.

"Aha." I reach up to pull something from her ear. A big thorn is lodged inside her ear. I pull it out slowly. Ew. It has nasty, smelly goop on it.

"What do you think of that girly?"

She answers by lifting her front leg. I step up on it and throw myself over. I pat her belly, " good girl." We take off.

"By the way my lord, I'm Aerasume, nice to meet you," I said, bouncing on the animal.

He nods. I look over at the king and he's glowering at me. Usually I'm very talkative. I love going to the market, everyone there is fond of me and I talk their ear off, but this is a king and he looks mean as I'm sure most kings have to be but he looks like he has been this way his entire life.

I shrank back from the glowering elf,

"I'm sorry," I say quickly, hoping he doesn't sling me off the horse with just a thought. I don't know why I say that, he just looks at me with so much anger. Why? Oh goddess what will I do, should I break my word and run away.

Don't forget to vote.