Chapter 4

Aerasume POV

We walk through the palace doors and my mouth drops open. Oh goddess it's beautiful. A very tall ceiling with the goddess painted on it, there's also colorful shapes on the ceiling. The floor even has colorful paintings and shapes. We walk forever it seems. Minutes later we finally make it to a beautiful spacious room with a big bed and a sitting area. I follow the servant to a room on the left. I step in and I don't know what I'm looking at.

At my confused expression the servant says," it's a lavatory. That is where your body waste goes", she said pointing toward the right.

"That is a tub and the nozzles on top is how you adjust the temperature of the water."

Wow I saw this on my mother's hologram, but our council members said it was the work of the vain and will poison our minds and will send the whole planet to damnation. Everything is more modern than what I'm used to. Back home I take a bath in a tin tub with water I heat up over the wood stove and fireplace. I have to walk out back to our outhouse to relieve myself.

She walks over to the contraption to the right and pushes the handle down, " this is how you flush your waste."

Wow. Just wow.

"I've heard the dark ones are a primitive bunch. I'm Jai by the way, I will be your maid. Now lets run you some water so that you can bathe."

She goes over to the handles and twists then water starts to flow and I can't wait to get in it. I love water. I start to strip immediately.

Jai laughs, " aren't you the anxious one."

"I'm sorry," I said, feeling embarrassed.

"Don't be. Innocence is rare here. You go ahead and get in and I'll go grab some soap, oil and shampoo."

I wince, my hair is really hard to deal with. It's really coarse and rough, most of the time I just push it back. I've heard there are chemicals or even a flattening iron that will press it out but I haven't had the extra coin to explore more. I was going on the next market trip, which is a fortnight away. The water is still running so I finish stripping and hop in. The tub is so big you can swim in it. I hold my breath and go under. I come back up laughing and sputtering. Jai comes back in and pour something into the water and it creates bubbles. Then she turns the water off. She kneels down next to the tub and starts soaping my hair and massaging it and it feels relaxing.

"Ok let that sit for a while then wash it out, I'm going to pick out some clothes for you."

"Ok and thanks for being so nice to me."

"You're welcome and thanks for not being difficult," she smiles and walks off.

I sit back and close my eyes and relax. After a few minutes I dip my head and body and stay under until all the shampoo is out. I come back up laughing still amazed at the large deep tub.

"Glad you're having fun," a deep voice growled.

I stiffen at that remark, and wipe the water from my eyes and look up at the king.

"My lord!!," I said and slid deeper into the water. I'm thanking the goddess that the water is soapy.

"Hello Aerasume. Stand."

"My lord please do not make me."

"Do you want a repeat of earlier."

"No!!," I said thinking about when he knocked me off the arroch.

"Then do what I ask."

I slowly stand with my eyes close. I hear him speak.

"Nice round breast, that hair would have to be removed."