Chapter 5

Aerasume POV

The dining hall is huge, almost half the sizes of my village. Elves and other species sit at the long table and converse and laugh. When I'm spotted the conversation stops. I follow Jai to the king with my head down. I make it to him and he sits me to the left of him. A beautiful female elf sits to his right. I courtesy, "your majesty," and sit where he tells me. After a few minutes of silence the king stands with me, "this is Aerasume my mistress," he sat back down and so did I.

"Well well if it isn't Aeason new plaything."

I look up to the face of the female elf.

"I wonder how long will it last," she said.

"However long my lord king wants it to." I pointed out.

"Are you being disrespectful to the future queen of Aelasar," she squeaked.

"Oh no I was just pointing out a fact." I said flushed.

"Aeason I don't like her, get rid of her."

"Akee you've had many playthings and I didn't care what or who they were. So don't start acting like you care who I fuck. Aerasume stays, she's my first mistress versus your many, now quiet you irritate me with your prattle."

After a few minutes of quietness I say, "your majesty do you think I can have a booth for my herbs and wares."

"No, you think you being busy with your herbs will free up much time for you to make yourself available to me."

"My lord, it will really help with the many ailments and you can always send someone for me and I'll come straight away."

"Are you being belligerent," he growls.

"Oh no my lord!." My body heats up with fright at the thought. "I just want to help your majesty. I also do small carvings for children."

"Fine, you can have it midday. You'll be with me morning and evenings."

I clasps my hands together, "oh thank you my lord for being so gracious. Also in my free time can I visit the woods and streams."

"How do you know we have streams," he asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I can hear it."

He looks over at me in surprise, " thinking of escaping already my little dark one."

I gasp, "my lord I made a promise and I take those very seriously, when you don't have much but your word it's important you keep it."

"In your free time, yes you may."

Akee looks at me funny, "Aeason why don't you talk with me like that, you hardly say anything at all to me."

"Because Akee, you irritate me every time you open your mouth. Aerasume wants to help my citizens, not all of them have coin for the medic bay, this way they will still get the care they need. Also she didn't make a selfish request," he growls.

"I am the future queen, all my requests...." she didn't finish, he hit her so hard she toppled from the chair onto the floor. " I said you're annoying me."

Everyone looks briefly and starts back talking. "Oh my." I run around the table to help her up, but she snatches her arm from me. "Let me help you milady."

"No.!! Get your filthy black paws away from me."

I return to my seat and resume eating with my head down.

"Hold your head up, she deserves no remorse."

Akee righted herself back into the chair and wiped blood from her lip.