trustful mates

Melody's pov

I woke up with a sharp pain in my side. I could feel something rough and wet going against it. I moved my hand to the aching spot to be touched by the roughness. I quickly sit up from my laying position and looked around.

I saw Conner still in his wolf form, whimpering at me.

But, why? There was another sharp pain in my side up to my abdomen. I replace my hand on the painful area. I felt a sticky substance rub on to my fingers. I bring it to eye level and I realize that it was blood.

I turn my head to Conner, with his tail between his legs and head down.

"What happen?" Were my first words. He out stretched his paws and showed the skin and blood on his claws. I didn't understand what happen.

But he mustn't had done it on purpose, considering it wasn't that painful to snatch sleep, but slowly take it. And he did try to bind the wounds by licking it.

I ripped the blankets off me and climbed out of bed. I walked into his bathroom and searched for the aid kit.

After I found it, I quickly snatched it out bringing something else out with it.

A box of condoms.

It had a sticky note which said:
Brittany

Brittany.

Of course. Of course he would chose her over me! Who wouldn't? She is pretty and I'm not. She has got it all.

I walked back into the room, box in my hand, and Conner was lying on the bed without a shirt. I waved the box around getting his attention. He popped up, with his eyes wide.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like!" He explained.

"That's what they say when they get caught."

"Look, that was when me and Brittany were supposed to be mates and-"

"You were gonna make Brittany your mate?"

I didn't know why it hurt so much I should have seen this coming. I wouldn't make a good Luna. He would replace me anyway.
He was just about to marry another girl!

I dropped the box and left the room. For some reason he ran after me.

"Mel, wait!"

I sped up.

"Please!"

I kept going.

Soon enough Conner caught up. He grabbed my elbow.

"What! What do you want from me? Huh? You've got Brittany! You just had Jessica. You don't want me, when you can have her. I wouldn't make a good Luna, but she would. Why are you keeping me around, am I just your game?" I screamed, wondered, and cried.

"I don't want Brittany. Or Jessica" He moved hair behind my ear, "I want you, I am not trying to hurt you. It's just different for me. All I really had was my brother. My mom and dad were there when I was young, but then they just kind of left." He proclaimed.

"I just really don't know how to love." He mumbled
'Awwee are poor mate, we will love him no matter what.' My wolf cried, what a bipolar bitch.
First she wants to die, then we hates him, now she still wants us to stay with him.
I know the feeling of having my wolf ignore me, she was all I had at one point and I don't want her mad at me.

"Good excuse, but not good enough. I wasn't loved either." I stated.

"Please, I know I'm a jackass and I'm not a good mate and I fuck up all the time. But I need you to please just try to make it though the rough times with me. I swear I will be good."

Could I believe him. Could I trust him? Even though what he did to me. Once is enough to break me. Could I take that risk with him.

He grabbed my hand "Melody, plesse." He begged.

"Forgive him! Do it!" My wolf yelled.

"Conner, I'll give you a chance, and if the time comes for me to get the hell away from you, I'll run. I'll run my ass off. And I will not stop fighting. Broken or not." That came out more strong then I thought.

All Conner did was nod his head and guide me back to the room. He hopped on the bed dragging me down with him and we watched "The Vow" all morning and went out for breakfast.

We went to a small dinner about a mile out. When we entered, we seated ourselves and waited. As the waiter approached us she turned to Conner with a smile.

"Hey, baby where have you been?" She asked.
Conner's eyes went wide and he pointed to me. The girl looked over to me a scowled.

"You left me for that trash." She replied.
He growled.

"It's funny that I'm the trash, but your fuck buddy left you for me soooo..." I stated.

"Who the hell are you?" She questioned.

"His mate." I answered

She laughed in my face

"Well the last time me and your mate fucked he said that mates were useless and stupid." she spat.

Conner growled which meant 'shut the hell up'. And she kept going so I had to end it somehow.

Well, to start off we didn't get breakfast. And I'm banned from going to that dinner again.

Well...

He drove us back to the pack house crying about how sorry he was about what happen.

But I wasn't mad, I knew something like was going to happen wherever we went.

"I also have a meeting with another alpha and Luna along with the beta and beta female and I would love if my Luna came."

I tried to hide my smile so I just nodded.

As we made are way to the pack hous and into his office to meet the other pack we held hands. He opened the door to his office and I stepped in.

My eyes nearly fell out, my breathing got caught and my heart was ready to leap out. There stood the most hurtful, insolent, and painful, people who made my life as it is now.

"Mom, Dad?"