Quotidian

Quotidian
adjective

ordinary or very common
done each day

★★★

Tsukishima lay sprawled out on his bed, eyes shut comfortably as he reveled in the silence of his room.

That was until you knocked on his bedroom door. And yes, he aleardy knew it was you. This wasn't the first time you just randomly showed up at his house for no apparent reason. He was seriously starting to consider telling his mom to stop letting you in.

Opening one eye, he glances boredly at the door, hoping you'd just go away. But, much to his dismay, you knock again. Grumbling, the blond teen rises from his position to open the door to his bedroom.

'They better have a good reason for bugging me on a Saturday' he thinks to himself.

Opening his door, he is greeted by your smiling face. He stares blankly at you, wondering what the hell gave you the idea to visit him on the weekend. But, knowing you, it'd probably be something stupid.

"Quotidian," you say to him.

Tsukishima stares at you, an aura of annoyance radiating from him as you continue to stand there. You smile, unbothered by the fact that he was practically staring you down.

"What?"

"Quotidian."

"What the hell is that supposed to be?"

"It's a word," you say matter-of-factly as you let yourself into Tukishima's bedroom.

The blond's gaze follows your form as you make yourself comfortable on his bed.

"I know it's a word, dumbass," he states, annoyed by the fact that you came all the way just to annoy him with silly things. "But what does it mean?"

"It means 'ordinary' or 'common'," you say as though it should be common knowledge.

Deep brown eyes stare you down for a good minute before Tsukishima sighs in defeat. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he sits himself beside you.

"And?" he says, breaking the silence that enveloped both of you.

"Nothing," you reply whilst picking at your nails. "I just felt like telling you.".

He lets out an exasperated sigh.

"You came all the way here just for that?"

You hum in response, rocking back and forth on the bed, a silly smile plastered on your face as you did so.

"You could have just texted, you know."

"I could have, yes, but I just wanted an excuse to come see you," you answer, not at all bothered by the fact that the towering male had broken out into a slight blush.

He lets out a soft 'tsk' and resumes his postion on the bed, eyes closing as he makes himself comfortable. You grin to yourself, amused by the blush on his face that refused to disappear. You giggle softly, causing the blond to open his eyes to glare at you.

"If you're going to stick around, at least keep quiet," he says, his blush starting to die down. You smile as you make your way to his side, adjusting yourself as you lay beside him. He turns to his side, lazily draping his arm over your figure. You both smile contentedly in the enjoyable silence.

★★★

10/31/14 - 11/01/14