Connor

ʀᴀᴛᴏɴʜɴʜᴀᴋé:ᴛᴏɴ x ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

Fresh autumn air twirled your hair almost like invisible fingers as you stretched your head outside the pickup truck's window

Fresh autumn air twirled your hair almost like invisible fingers as you stretched your head outside the pickup truck's window. Green fields flashed before your eyes and slowly started to form into wide blankets of glowing grass. Up ahead stood a giant sign that was supported by thick wooden poles and decorated with drawn-on pumpkins with wide, toothy grins. 'Pick your own pumpkin at Eagle's farm' was written on it in bold letters. Another smaller sign told the remaining distance.

You took a last snap of the fresh wind then plopped back onto the faded seat. Connor shared a glance with you, seemingly happy about seeing you all excited.

It has only been two months since you two started dating, but during that short period you couldn't remember the last time you felt happier and more loved. He was caring, sweet and always up for new things.

Today, on October 1st, Connor decided to take you to a place that he used to visit a lot during childhood. Because both of you loved autumn, Halloween and anything related, visiting a pumpkin farm seemed like the perfect date to him. According to your mood, he hinted that you thought so too.

During the last few meters, you softly placed your hand on top of Connor's, which rested on your inner thigh, smiling to yourself in a bliss of the all to familiar feeling of falling in love.

Once you arrived and stopped at a half-filled parking area, the male went to open your door, helping you out of the vehicle. He chuckled to himself as you took his hand and did a small, unnecessary hop onto the ground.

Walking towards the selling area you wrapped your arms around your boyfriend's biceps, snuggling onto him. "Thanks for taking me here", you said.

The male smiled down at you.
"Of course. Though I hope you won't get bored. After all, picking a pumpkin is not the most romantic activity." His free hand ruffled through his long, dark locks, suddenly feeling nervous about his decisions. "It doesn't always have to be a corny candlelight-dinner to be considered romantic. Besides, I love spending time with you." You squeezed his arm. "Let's hurry before the best pumpkins are gone."

_

It was more crowded than you expected. People were shuffling around a stall, their selected pumpkins in their arms. Others stacked around in a field looking for a perfect pick. The orange of the pumpkins already greeted you from afar and you found it hard to suppress the excitement that build up in your stomach. When was the last time you had carved a lantern out of a pumpkin, let alone bought one fresh from a farm?

Connor wore a huge smile on his face as one of the workers recognized and waved at him. You both greeted back before joining the other guests on the field. The area appeared endless, pumpkin after pumpkin lined up towards the horizon, their green leaves and tendrils curled around one another, interwoven like lover's hands.