Chapter 2: Incomplete

• Dedicated to Marlene King ♡

When I wake up the next morning, Aria is gone.

Well, at least that's what I think since she isn't lying next to me anymore.

But where would she go? It's only six in the morning!

Maybe she went home to get dressed for school.

I get up to see whether she left a note for me or something, but she didn't.

As I walk back to my bed, I still have about an hour left till I have to get ready for work, I hear the bathroom door open.

I turn around, seeing Aria walk out, her body only covered in a towel.

Oh, damn. How are we supposed to be careful when this girl is just so beautiful and amazing?

"Did...did you...take a shower?" I stutter.

The sight of her like that is fucking turning me on.

"Yeah. Eh...sorry, I know I should've asked. I probably shouldn't-"

"No. No, it's fine," I assure her, "I was just...surprised."

She takes a few steps toward me. "Surprised?"

I nod. "Yes, surprised."

"Are you sure you didn't mean to say you were turned on?" Another step.

I shrug. "Maybe."

She smirks, and takes another step. Now she's standing right in front of me, her face only inches from mine.

Before I can comprehend what I am doing, I wrap my arms around her, and kiss her hungrily.

It might be the last kiss for today, and I know that.

I feel the towel drop as we kiss, and pull it back up, holding it there.

Aria smiles against my lips, and slightly shakes her head.

"You can drop it, I should get dressed anyway."

I remove the towel, and then pull her closer.

Her naked body is pressed to my bare chest, and it feels incredibly amazing.

"I love you," I whisper between kisses.

"I love you too," she whispers, kisses me again, and walks over to the couch, where her bag is.

I watch her as she does so. She is amazingly beautiful. Damn, she is beautiful.

"Should I give you a ride home?" I ask after a few seconds.

She laughs a bit. "Did you already forget about the being careful thing?"

Dammit. Yes, I already forgot. For a moment.

"Ugh, right. So, are you staying a bit longer or...?" I ask as she gets dressed.

She shrugs. "I guess I should go home before anyone's awake so my parents don't suspect anything."

I nod, she's probably right. I wish this was easier.

When Aria's fully dressed, she gives me a quick kiss, and leaves.

*°*°*°*°* *°*°*°*°* *°*°*°*°* *°*°*°*°* *°*°*°*°*

I arrive at the school early, and walk tomy classroom.

I didn't expect to see Aria, but there she is, standing before my room, waiting for me.

"You were thinking about applying for a job at Hollis, weren't you?" she asks, as I open the door.

I nod slowly, hoping she wouldn't start a fight now.

"Well, there's that faculty mixer at our house, and my father told me to ask you if you want to come."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know, but if my father thinks you should come, then you should come," she says as I sit down.

"Aria, I'm not sure if that's a good idea..."

Her parents are good people, I really like them. But, honestly? I don't want to spend more time with them than I have to.

Because I know it won't always go well. One day, I might slip, and they'll find out about me and Aria.

I can't let that happen.

"Please," she begs, "I want you to come."

I shake my head. "I'm not sure if I even have time and-"

She leans over the desk. "You could leave early, and then sneak into my room."

Fuck.

"Aria, I am pretty sure that this is the worst idea you ever had."

"Please. My dad wants you to come, and I...well, it would make me really happy."

I sigh. "Fine, but I'm not sure about the sneaking into your room part," I give in.

She smiles, and kisses me on the cheek.

"Aria," I gasp as she quickly pulls back.

"Sorry," she says, biting her lip. "Well, I'll see you later."

As she walks out, I hear the buzzing of her phone, and see her shocked face as she reads the text.

I need to find out who this person is that keeps texting her.

I thought it was Noel at first, since he's the only one who knows about us. Apart from Garrett.

But he wouldn't do that, would he?

No. No, he didn't even know about it till yesterday...right?

{Sooo...I really hope you liked that chapter. I added a picture of Ezria kissing (when they made out in that pub) because, you know, who doesn't like Ezria kissing? ;) And I made a Spotify playlist for this book, it's in the External Link...pleas vote & comment if you liked this chapter.}