9

Y/n's POV

I start running towards the closest car while dragging Nya behind me.

"Jay!" I shout as I get behind the wheel. "Give me a boost!"

Thankfully, Jay understands and sends a spark towards the car, which ignites the engine. I step on the gas pedal, and try my very hardest not to hit any mail boxes as I head down the street.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Nya asks, concerned, gripping onto the passenger seat for dear life.

"Nope!" I respond as I make a sharp turn to the right. The tires screech, and Nya screams, but I keep my eyes on the road. For once, there's nobody else out driving, which is probably due to the monster floating in the sky right now.

"Where would you like to go?" an automated voice says. I look at the screen built into the car, and realize it's got a built-in GPS.

"Lake Ontario!" I shout, just as I step on the brakes to avoid hitting a stray cat.

"Lake Ontario Boathouse? Lake Ontario Diner? Lake Ontario—"

"Just plain old Lake Ontario!" I yell at the GPS lady.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"Take me to the closest address on Lake Ontario!"

The speaker makes a funny noise, but then I see a route pop up on the screen.

"Turn left in 200 meters."

"Why are we going to a lake?" Nya asks, once that stupid GPS lady finally starts doing her job.

"We need to go somewhere where there's water," I reply. "So I can teach you how to master it."

"What?"

"You're an elemental master, Nya. You just never knew."

"I can control water?"

"I really, really hope so," I say, swerving to the left once I see there's construction up ahead. "And I know you like to give up easily when things become difficult, but I really need you to overcome that obstacle and focus, okay?"

Nya nods, and I go back to focusing on driving. And not dying.

-------time skip------

"You've arrived at your destination," GPS lady says.

I put the car in park—or at least, I think I did; I've never driven a car before in my life—and hop out the door. Nya does the same on the other side, and she follows me down to the water.

"I warn you, we're in Canada; the water's cold," I tell Nya, even though she's probably never heard of a place called Canada before.

A/N: Sorry if you don't live in Canada. You do now.

I take off my shoes and throw them aside. I wade into the water, and motion for Nya to do the same. Once we're both in the water, I start teaching her some basic movements that I learned from watching Avatar; The Last Airbender.

After about fifteen minutes, Nya is able to move a few waves. The longer we spend on it, the move she'd able to do. And after an hour has gone by of intense training, she's practically mastered the element.

"Okay, think you can conjure a tidal wave?" I ask.

"What?!"

"I guess that's a no," I say. "Come on, we've got to get back to the others."

I'm about to head for the car, when Nya does something spectacular. She makes a giant wave rise out of the lake, and makes it come straight for us. Before it can wipe either of us out, Nya and I jump on top of the wave, and ride it as if we're surfing.

"Oh my god this is awesome!" I cheer, as Nya steers the wave towards the Preeminent. We're going faster than any car could.

"So, y/n, you got a plan?"

"Working on it," I reply, as we get closer by the second.

"Better come up with something quick," she replies. "In the meantime, I'll just wash away all these pesky ghosts."

--------------Zane's POV---------------

"Kai, can you give me an assist?" I yell, just as I make a stream of ice circle around a swarm of ghosts.

"Sure thing buddy!" he replies, and sets the ice on fire. It all melts and turns to water, vaporizing any ghosts in the area.

"How much longer do you think we can hold off?" Cole says, using a water gun to shoot a bunch of ghosts. "Jay, cover me! I need a refill!"

Cole comes over to me quickly, and I fill the hollow space with ice. Kai then heats it, making the water gun ready to use again.

"Argh, when are y/n and Nya going to get here?" Jay complains. "We could really use those girls right now!"

"Did somebody call us?" Nya shouts from above. She's standing on a wave of water, smiling wide.

"That... is not possible," I say, not comprehending how she is defying the laws of physics.

"Well, that's what happens when you hang out with ninja," y/n says. "Logic ceases to exist."